Health and Safety Officer | Permanent Role | Kildare | €35-40k
The Client: Located in Kildare, our client is a specialist in outsourced solutions for logistics and production and manufacturing . Our client is committed to providing simplified solutions to their clients and is well established in Ireland. They currently have a requirement for a suitably qualified Health and Safety Officer to join their team on a full-time, permanent basis.
The Role: As H&S Officer, you will be required to effectively support the business through the efficient delivery of key objectives. The key duties will include:
- Assist in the delivery of Health and Safety strategy including setting and monitoring KPI's
- Lead in-house training and co-ordination of various training programmes including manual handling, safety at work, handling equipment etc.
- Carry out risk assessments, safety inspections and product risk assessment reports
- Ensure the maintenance of full training records for all employees
- Management of all PPE
- Review sub-contracts Safety Statements and Safety Compliance
- Ensure Site Managers and Supervisors are actively engaged in the audit process and all Health & Safety systems
- Ensure all internal and external Health and Safety reporting requirements are complied with
- At least 3-5 years experience in a Health & Safety role
- Relevant H&S Qualification essential, manual handling instructor qualification a distinct advantage
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to influence staff and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent knowledge of ROI legislation
- Ability to prioritise workload in an efficient manner
- Career progression
- Monday to Friday hours, 9am-5.30pm (flexible)
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact the Swords branch on 01-8900190 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.