Health, Safety and Environmental Officer or Manager
Location: County Tyrone
Salary: Negotiable plus benefits.
A world leader in Taste and Nutrition serving the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries.
Grafton Specialist Recruitment is working in partnership with a Global Manufacturing Business seeking a Health, Safety and Environmental Officer or Manager.
My Client is looking for an experienced Health, Safety and Environmental Officer to work with them in County Tyrone. The successful applicant will play a key role in driving and enforcing a Health and Safety mind-set throughout the Company.
The successful candidate will ensure continuous improvement on safety standards, implementing excellent practices for an excellent team. The applicant will be expected to liaise closely with the senior management team and become a safety champion regarding all aspects of Health and Safety.
The applicant will be expected to Support Factory Management teams as the primary lead and coordinator for Health, Safety & Environmental activities processes on the designated site, advising management teams on legal requirements, industry best practice, and prevailing group standards.
Description and Responsibilities:
- Works in conjunction with site management and either UK or regional HSE leads to drive the Safety agenda incorporating training, accident investigation, culture and staff involvement, administration, insurance compliance, setting and improving standards etc, and in accordance with wider employee engagement programmes.
- Coordinates the generation and routine maintenance/review of risk assessment and safe systems of work processes, including statutory inspections/reports, in order to meet legislative requirements and Company standards, to minimise and continuously reduce unsafe practices and accidents in the workplace.
- Coordinate accident investigation processes, recording and reporting industrial injuries as required by the company, their insurers (including proactive pre claim management processes such as RSA care) and statutory bodies. Support management on due consultations with staff / representatives to minimize reoccurrence including supporting reviews.
- Designates and carries out routine Site Health & Safety/Environmental audits to comply with the local site and wider regional requirements.
- Review, update and maintain Site Health & Safety/Environmental Policy & procedures manuals taking account of industry best practice and any prevailing Company standards (Human Element/Hazardous Processes).
- Coordinate & support required Occupational Health Programmes, supporting and advising management/HR on prevailing Health & Safety concerns and job related impacts.
- Supports the site management teams by identifying, leading the actions and reviewing environmental objectives, targets and programmes to demonstrate continual improvement, carrying out environmental compliance audits and maintaining records to demonstrate compliance with environmental legislation and other requirements.
- Provide induction training and arranges identified and approved Health & Safety related training needs.
- Delivers briefings or other local based Health & Safety training (including Fire/COSHH/Manual Handling etc.), and additional environmental awareness training which may be deemed necessary or appropriate for site employees.
- Carry out administration associated with all training for the site. To include budget setting and management, booking training, updating training matrices by department and ensuring any mandatory training is refreshed within the relevant periods.
- Carrying out the activities required to generate and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) for the site and ensuring training plans are aligned and available to line managers.
- Suitable and relevant Health & Safety management qualification (or mix of equivalent experience) Ideally NEBOSH Certificate or Diploma qualified (or equivalent) with active participation in the IOSH CPD programme.
- Suitably familiar with UK H&S.& Environmental Legislation.
- PC literate including being able to work with Microsoft (Excel/Word/Powerpoint) and manufacturing systems at an intermediate level.
- Well-developed communication skills - able to present written and verbal reports that are understood by the target audience. Can communicate with both internal and external contacts and stakeholders at all levels.
- At least 2 years, Health & Safety & Environment experience at a supervisory level in a medium sized / multi-site manufacturing or service company (75 employees +) or large organisation operating in fast moving consumer goods markets.
Interested Health, Safety and Environmental Officers or Managers can apply buy submitting a completed CV via the link on the job board.
For more information or to discuss in total confidence please contact James Manley on 02890 323333 or 07977 500956.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.