Working on behalf of my client a market leader in the Hard Landscaping and Building Products industry we are recruiting for a HGV 1 Driver/Lorry Driver to join their growing team.
HGV 1 Driver - Toomebridge - £excellent
Duties will include:
- Carrying out daily checks to ensure that the lorry is roadworthy and complete the Driver's Daily Vehicle Checks sheet. All faults should be reported immediately to the local Despatch and Works Manager.
- Fully comply with the requirements of Regulation (EC) No 561/2006 which are the current rules for drivers' records and hours.
- Complete the Lorry Driver's Daily Log for every delivery.
- Supervise loading to ensure that the correct products are loaded on the lorry safely and secured appropriately.
- Ensure gross lorry weight is not in contravention of Road Transport Legislation and that the load is correctly distributed on the lorry.
- Drive lorry as assigned, delivering products to customers in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the interior and exterior of the lorry, ensuring that it is washed regularly and at least once per week.
- Adhere to company Health and Safety polices at all times, wearing the correct company provided clothing and PPE while working in yards and on sites.
- Be helpful and courteous when dealing with customers.
- Any other duties assigned by Despatch or the Works Manager.
Ideal applicants will be medically fit to undertake the physical requirements of the job and hold a current HGV Class 1 C+E License with CPC and Digicard. An advantage to those candidates with experience of working with grab/off-loader and tipper lorries.
To apply for this role please submit your CV and a member of the Grafton Team will be in contact with those shortlisted.