HGV Mechanic Role
Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation based in Coleraine require a HGV Mechanic to join their team.
Role : HGV Mechanic.
Location : Coleraine.
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £9.00 p/hr 12 weeks + £11.19 p/hr
Hours of work : Monday to Friday 37 hrs per week.
Main Duties :
- To diagnose and undertake mechanical/electrical repairs on a wide variety of vehicles.
- To undertake maintenance, repair and servicing of accessories and ancillary equipment on a wide variety of vehicles.
- To test and repair digital control systems including ABS controls.
- To service and repair all types of vehicles and equipment as required.
- To inspect, maintain and repair all types of petrol and diesel engine motor vehicles and plant operated by the Authority and its customers.
- To requisition parts and equipment as necessary.
- To Liaise with manufacturers and/or agents on problems to achieve an efficient repair.
- To complete all documentation including inspection sheets etc...
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities with the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post.
Full Job Description available on request.
Essential Criteria :
- Time-served fitter or possess relevant qualification (e.g City and Guilds craft certificate 381 or 383 in Motor Vehicle Servicing & Repair or BTEC National Certificate in Motor Vehicle Engineering ).
- Possess a current LGV driving license category C or C&E (old HGV Class 1,2,3).
- Experience working in a garage workshop in the preparation, servicing, repair and maintenance of vehicles.
- Experience in completing and maintaining records.
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety in relation to vehicle maintenance, breakdown and repairs.
Desirable Criteria :
- 1 years' experience within the last 5 years in a fleet maintenance environment.
- Experience in working outdoors in all weathers.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.