Grafton recruitment are delighted to be assisting our client in their recruitment for an experienced highway maintenance operative
Our client is an independent toll and motorway infrastructure developer and operator who successfully develop and manage motorway infrastructure projects,pursue road user charging, tolling and allied activities as a specialist integrator and operator and effectively manage the diverse activities necessary for the operation and maintenance of concession motorways.
The Operative will work as part of a maintenance team carrying out traffic management and highway maintenance duties, including emergency response and winter maintenance operations
- Cat C HGV Licence
- NHSS 12A/B Operative
- CSR/CSCS card
- NHSS 12A/B Live Lane IPV
- NHSS 12C
- C&G Winter Service Operative or similar
- IOSH qualification
- First Aid
- Experienced in Highway Maintenance operations
- Ensure that the DBFO1 network is effectively maintained according to company procedures and standards, ensuring that Policies, Procedures and safe systems of work are adhered to at all times;
- Ensure the safety of yourself, the workforce, the public, and any other person affected by your duties and responsibilities and actively promote Health and Safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees;
- Carry out reactive and planned maintenance on highway assets including the operation of plant and equipment;
- Installation and removal of emergency and planed Temporary Traffic Management in accordance with TSM Chapter 8;
- Undertake Safety Patrols & Inspections including emergency and reactive repairs, and report thereon;
- Co-ordinate incident and accident response operations and ensure that required personnel and equipment are available and that temporary measures are implemented to keep the route safe at all times;
- Compile and issue required incident reports and ensure clear communication with Duty Officers;
- Completion and recording of Winter Maintenance activities;
- Provide direction and guidance to less experienced operatives;
- Take responsibility for vehicles, plant, and materials in your charge and ensure they are maintained to the highest standard.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties that may be assigned
Core Competencies and Attributes
- Computer literate;
- Safety First
- Ability to work on own initiative;
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Whats in it for you?
- Private pension
- Standby payments
- Overtime payments
- Call-out payments
- Excellent base salary with many opportunities to increase earnings
Location: O&M facility, Edgewater Road, Belfast
Working Hours: 35 hours per week on a shift rotation (4 days) covering 24/7/365, including standby periods and possible call outs. Additional hours may be required dependant on business needs.
For further information please contact Graham on 02890242824 / 07407734088 or submit your CV via the link