- To supervise the operation of the home safety check scheme and any other programmes of work assigned to Home Safety Assistants and to develop and evaluate home safety activities from inception through implementation to review.
- To assist in the administration of the home safety check scheme.
- To coordinate educational outreach and promotional work related to home safety including organising and implementing campaigns and exhibitions.
- To research and identify sponsorship and funding opportunities for a range of home safety activities.
- To administer, implement and review any programmes which are externally funded in accordance with council procedures.
- To research and develop good practice and maintain innovative and continuous improvement in home safety activities.
- To keep under review developments in the field of home safety to ensure a sound knowledge of current statistical information, legislation, specific hazards and their avoidance, current good practice and official guidance and to share this knowledge with colleagues, staff and customers.
- To actively participate in the unit's business planning process including the development of annual marketing plan.
- To promote involvement from statutory, private, voluntary and community sectors to support home safety activities by proactively establishing and maintaining a network of relevant contacts.
- To build and develop partnerships with relevant bodies.
- To create and design promotional materials targeted at the specific needs and expectations of a wide range of groups and individuals.
- To assist in the organisation, planning and implementation of induction training of home safety assistants, to identify their continuing training needs and to assist the organisation, planning and implementation, as required, in the design and implementation of training programmes to address those needs.
- To establish and maintain links with local news media, through corporate communications department, subject to all relevant policies, and to participate in interviews as required.
- Possess a full, current driving licence which enables them to drive in Northern Ireland and have a car available for official business
- One year's relevant experience coordinating educational outreach and promotional work including organising and implementing campaigns, undertaking community engagement or involvement activities and managing assigned staff on a daily basis including programming workloads and priorities.
- A third level qualification in a relevant subject such as Environmental Health, Business Studies, Environmental Science, Management, or an equivalent qualification
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.