Temporary Community Centre Supervisor required for a local government organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £13.99 per hour
Hours: 37 hours per week (Monday - Friday, 08:30 - 17:30)
Duration: 3 months pending review
- To supervise the operation of the home safety check scheme and any other programmes of work assigned to Home Safety Assistants and to develop and evaluate home safety activities from inception through implementation to review.
- To assist in the administration of the home safety check scheme.
- To coordinate educational outreach and promotional work related to home safety including organising and implementing campaigns and exhibitions.
- To research and identify sponsorship and funding opportunities for a range of home safety activities.
- To administer, implement and review any programmes which are externally funded in accordance with procedures.
- To research and develop good practice and maintain innovative and continuous improvement in home safety activities.
- To keep under review developments in the field of home safety to ensure a sound knowledge of current statistical information, legislation, specific hazards and their avoidance, current good practice and official guidance and to share this knowledge with colleagues, staff and customers.
- To actively participate in the unit's business planning process including the development of annual marketing plan.
- To promote involvement from statutory, private, voluntary and community sectors to support home safety activities by proactively establishing and maintaining a network of relevant contacts.
- To create and design promotional materials targeted at the specific needs and expectations of a wide range of groups and individuals.
- To assist in the organisation, planning and implementation of induction training of home safety assistants, to identify their continuing training needs and to assist the organisation, planning and implementation, as required, in the design and implementation of training programmes to address those needs.
- Demonstrate by providing personal and specific examples at least six months relevant experience in operation of facilities ideally in a supervisory capacity, health and safety procedures, cleaning and maintenance and associated administration duties
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.