This position is responsible for all human resource generalist activities; this includes: team member relations, talent development, performance management, recruitment selection, compensation/benefits, compliance/legal etc. This position will establish credibility and visibility with Team Members, Team Leaders, and Managers through daily interactions and support. The role will manage change, ensure quality of talent and foster team alignment across the business. Candidates must have high degree of integrity and ability to manage confidential information.
What you will be doing?
You will advise and support managers in all day to day operational HR matters. Whilst managing the day to day operational aspects of HR you will also be involved in a project capacity to ensure HR is 'adding value' long term. This is a key hire for the organisation and you will be working closely with stakeholders to understand business and operational efficiencies and in turn improve business performance by driving the people agenda to achieve business results.
Responsibilities will include;
- Build strong relationships with line managers to provide business partnering support to ensure the effective and seamless delivery of end-to-end HR processes. Proactive engagement with line managers will be a fundamental feature of the role.
- Provide guidance and coaching to managers and team members.
- Support line managers to set goals for Team Members, assess capability and drive calibration across the performance management cycle.
- Build and maintain robust relationships with key stakeholders across our operational business to create a collaborative approach to people related initiatives
- Management of the recruitment life cycle from inception to completion partnering with hiring managers ensuring quality of talent.
- Lead change management & Team Member engagement initiatives
- Manage the on-boarding, HR orientation & probation review processes for all new Team Members
- Develop and maintain HR policies and procedures and ensure they are applied consistently
- Assist in the development and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives and instil HR practices/processes which add value Proactively managing absence
- Proactively manage absence and coordination occupational health provision
- Professional Handling of disciplinary & grievance issues
- Payroll administration ( both salaried & weekly paid)
- Planning, organising and delivering training & development for team members
- HR related Degree advantageous.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) or relevant professional qualification.
- Applicants must be able to work as part of a flexible team, prioritise the workload and complete tasks and objectives in a timely manner.
- Applicants must have a good working knowledge of UK employment legislation and the ability to apply it in a practical manner.
This is a rewarding and challenging role, ideally requiring a CIPD qualified HR professional or at least working towards CIPD qualification who enjoys the broad spectrum of both planned and reactive HR work.
It is essential that you have previously worked within a large Manufacturing environment and have extensive employee relations & recruitment experience, combined with strong NI legislation knowledge. Previous experience should illustrate a track record of acting as a true HR business partner providing operational HR support.
You will be adept at working in a fast paced, complex environment and able to balance the operational demands of the business along with multiple project initiatives. You will be a creative individual who is able to understand how short term decisions impact the long term goals of the organisation.