This is a fantastic Opportunity working with our client within the Public Sector on a Temporary basis.
- To contribute to the effective operation of the OD/HR Department through the provision of a professional and confidential administration support service. To ensure all administration procedures are followed in accordance with the Local Government Staff Commission and all legislative requirements.
- To produce correspondence and reports as required to support the application of the Council's policies and procedures.
- To work across the OD/HR team as and when required
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
- Contribute to the successful implementation of the OD/HR Business Plan across the Council including effective implementation of all HR policies and ensuring maintenance of all HR systems.
- Assist with the administration of Council's recruitment and selection process and sit on interview panels as
- Contribute to the effective implementation of the Probation Review process including updating and maintaining the probation review
- Co-ordinate induction processes and maintain and compile induction packs for
- Assist with the co-ordination of placement students across the Council. Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed including insurance Liaise with Managers and Course Tutors as appropriate
- Create, maintain and update both manual and computerised filing systems and the HR system (PAMS) which includes all appropriate personal records as required and in accordance with Data Protection
- Produce management reports, compile, collate and analyse information as
- Assist with the administration surrounding the day to day application of all HR Policies and Procedures
- Complete employment letters and administration resulting in changes to individual circumstances (eg promotion/transfer, changes to hours, maternity arrangements, paternity/adoption and career break applications, altered personal particulars or termination of employment etc) as directed by HR Officer. Update PAMS as appropriate and forward relevant documentation to HR Advisor -
- Create and maintain spreadsheets / databases and shared folders to track all governance case
- Providing a professional service to internal and external customers including dealing with written, telephone and face-to-face
- Act as a note taker at meetings including grievance and disciplinary hearings as
- Assist with the co-ordination of the employee appraisal system as
- Responsible for uploading and amending Human Resource documents onto Council's website and internal "Staff Portal"
- Assist with the administration of the Council's time and attendance system including setting up employees and associated work schedules on the system, running reports and responding to enquiries.
- Assist in the preparation and co-ordination of internal and external learning and development activities.
- Assist in the administration relating to monitoring and reporting on Sickness Absence as required.
- Carry out general office duties including word processing duties associated with correspondence, reports and forms within the Carry out photocopying, scanning and other associated duties. Organise meetings including hospitality and completing room booking forms.
- Deal with the provision of stationery supplies for the OD/HR department including requisitioning and re-stocking of materials in accordance with Council's procurement
- Collect, sort and distribute incoming and outgoing OD/HR
- Process invoices for
- Contribute to OD/HR projects
- Work in collaboration with the other HR Assistant posts which may include carrying out duties for other HR Assistants, provide cover for absence and participate in teams and working groups other that those initiall
- Provide administrative and business support to the Head of OD/HR and the OD/HR Manager as
- Undertake any other relevant duties which may be assigned including working in other sections of the Department
Applicants must, as at the closing date for receipt of application have: Either
1A. Five GCSE's (grades A-C) including English and Maths or equivalent qualifications;
1B. Two years' administrative and/or business support experience within an office environment.
- Three years' administrative and/or business support experience within an office
One year's experience working with computerised systems including Microsoft Office Software, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.