Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation based in Coleraine require a HR Business Officer to join their team asap.
Hours of work : Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Hourly Rate : £11.62 1-12 weeks £13.72 13 weeks +
Main Duties :
- Work with Managers and staff within the designated Directorate to proactively support and add value to the delivery of their business objectives.
- Assisting with the successful implementation of the OD/Human Resources Business Plan across the Council including effective implementation of all Human Resources Policies and ensuring maintenance of all Human Resources systems.
- Undertake projects in line with the OD/Human Resources Business Plan as assigned by the OD/HR Manager and/or Head of OD/HR.
- As a HR Business Officer, provide a high level of internal and external customer service including attending meetings with service managers as required to provide updates on OD/HR issues, answer queries and schedule OD/HR activities for the department.
- Provide advice and assistance to ensure the consistent implementation of the disciplinary and grievance policies and procedures, attend hearings and appeals as the Human Resources representative in accordance with Council policies and procedures. Draft correspondence as required.
- Produce confidential reports, letters and correspondence as required.
- Prepare recruitment and selection documentation and participate in shortlisting and interview panels as human resources representative ensuring that all recruitment and selection processes are in accordance with relevant employment legislation and codes of practice. Review, authorise and ensure that offer letters and contracts of employment are issued in accordance with the Council policy and statutory requirements. Forward any letters dealing with contract changes to HR Advisor - Governance and ensure relevant IT (PAMS) system and all personnel files are accurate and up to date.
- Responsible for the management of probationary reports, issuing probationary guidance making sure probationary reports are prepared by managers by the appropriate date and returned to Human Resources accordingly. To identify reports which are unsatisfactory and bring these to the attention of the relevant HRBP.
- Deputise for the HR Business Partner in their absence.
- Manage HR staff that directly report ensuring the delivery of the HR service.
- At all times, ensure that legislation and statutory requirements are adhered to.
Essential Criteria :
- A third level, or equivalent, qualification in a relevant subject such as Human Resource Management or Business Studies.
- Chartered membership of CIPD.
- Two years' relevant experience within Human Resources in a large¹ multi-disciplinary organisation. This must include two years' experience in at least three of the following areas:
- Recruitment and Selection
- Employee Relations
- Learning and Development
- Managing Attendance
- Equal Opportunities
Alternatively consideration may be given to applicants who do not possess a relevant third level qualification but can demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples that they have three years' experience working within Human Resources and three years' experience in three of the areas a - e outlined above.
- A full current driving licence (Category B, valid in the UK) and access to a vehicle that will enable the post holder to meet the requirements of the post OR have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
Desirable Criteria :
- Experience of operating a Human Resources information system.
If you are interested and meet all Essential Criteria please apply via the link.