The HR Business Officer /OD will be aligned to one of the three Directorates and will report to the HR Business Partner in providing HR support, advice and guidance at an operational level to Managers and other staff on all HR matters
Main Purpose of Post
- Reporting to the Human Resources (HR) Business Partner/OD, the post holder will actively contribute to and support the effective implementation and delivery of the OD/HR strategy.
- The Human Resources (HR) Business Officer/OD will support the HR Business Partner/OD in providing advice, guidance and support to Managers / Supervisors and other staff on all OD/HR matters within their designated Directorate.
- Working as an integral member of the OD/HR Team the post holder will work with the HR Business Partner/OD and colleagues to ensure a seamless responsive and coordinated approach to the delivery of OD/HR activities.
- The HR Business Officer/OD will also develop and maintain key working relationships with Managers / Supervisors and other staff in aligned Directorate and with other corporate business partners.
- The HR Business Officer/OD may be required to rotate to other areas within the OD/HR team.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
Applicants, at the closing date for receipt of applications, must:
- Have an Intermediate Level 5 CIPD Qualification or CIPD Chartered Member / Chartered Fellow and be a current professional member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) ie Associate, Chartered Member or Chartered Fellow; and
- Have a third level qualification in a relevant subject such as Human Resources, Business Studies or an equivalent qualification; and
- Be able to demonstrate at least one year's relevant experience of work in a human resources role within a multi-disciplinary and unionized organisation. This must include at least one year's relevant experience in each of the following areas:
- providing advice and guidance to senior managers on a range of human resources issues including terms and conditions, absence management, disciplinary, grievance and capability processes; and
- direct participation in complex absence management, disciplinary and grievance processes; and
- managing and motivating administrative support staff on a daily basis including programming workloads and priorities to ensure the objectives of the team and organisation are met.
Alternatively, consideration will be given to candidates who do not possess the required third level educational qualification (2) but who can demonstrate three years' relevant experience as outlined above (3).
To discuss this r please contact Ashleigh on 028 2563 2223