HR Business Partner
Grafton Recruitment is currently recruiting for a HR Business Partner which will be based on the Lisburn Road. As a HR Business Partner you will support and assist the delivery of HR Services in line with our client's business plan.
Leadership & Management
- Provide leadership in your area of expertise and support staff ensuring personal development through the appraisal process to achieve team and personal objectives
- Develop and maintain effective staff and industrial relations.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of our HR Information System (HRIS) and ensure the system operates to its full potential for the benefit of management and employees.
- Supervision of employees through daily workflow, regular and timely supervision meetings, flag and assist in addressing under performance and apply our clients employee policies and procedures
- Assist with the provision of relevant performance management information to meet organisational requirements including recruitment/turnover, training, exit data, sickness and absence, employee surveys and other performance data as and when required.
- Supervise and mentor employees as and when required, including undertaking internal audit activities of relevant employee information / files.
- Participate in the research, development and review of policies, processes and business systems ensuring the knowledge and learning is shared within the team for continuous development and to drive improvements.
- Provide advice and guidance to line managers to promote compliance with organisational legislative and best practice requirements in relation to the interpretation and application of HR policies and procedures.
- Assist the Corporate Services Directorate to ensure the overall efficiency of the Directorate by positively promoting all aspects of the service, including, quality initiatives; continuous improvement initiatives and training as required.
- Assist in preparation of statutory reports which includes FEC, Annual Return, and Article 55 etc.
- Assist with auditing including ISO, CSE and any corrective action plans.
- Contribute to the recruitment and selection process of new employees in accordance with the annual Business Plan. This includes undertaking the full range of recruitment and selection processes within agreed timeframes, for example the placement of advertisements, participation on recruitment panels and conducting internal audits.
- In conjunction with the team, manage the data input of all HR/Payroll data onto the HRIS including regular auditing and routine clear down of the system.
Learning and Development
- Contribute to the design, delivery and evaluation of the HR Corporate Learning & Development programme and other associated initiatives as required.
- Design and deliver corporate training courses in line with an integrated programme of learning and development using blended techniques and which reflects the organisation's commitment to attract and retain talent. Design and deliver corporate training in line with business requirements.
- Quality assure the content and delivery of externally sourced mandatory training providers.
- Maintain and develop the E Learning platform and maximise its potential through the design of a suite of learning solutions linked to business requirements.
- Provide guidance to managers on all aspects of performance management to ensure the embedding of a culture which embraces the organisation's corporate aims and objectives.
- Provide accurate and timely reports, commentary and trend analysis for management on the Association's key performance indicators.
- Assist in the preparation of files and processes for internal and external audit purposes including ISO audits.
- Support the effective implementation of the sickness absence policy across the business, including supporting managers with Return to Work interviews, assisting with Bradford calculation and triggers, administration of the absence management process.
- Pro-actively assist with the implementation of the Health and Wellbeing initiatives and delivery of action plans.
- Assist with the effective management of the sickness and absence procedures and performance management system.
- Assist with case management in relation to investigation / disciplinary/ grievance processes as and when required, including the provision of advice and guidance to support relevant panels.
- Support, develop and coach managers in relation to their approach and consideration of people issues, ensuring that they understand the impact of these on the individual and the business.
- Participate in investigation / disciplinary / grievance panels as and when required, which includes dealing with trade unions, ensuring such processes are compliant with current legislative and best practice requirements.
- A third level qualification in HR or Business related discipline.At least 5 years' (gained in the last 10 years') generalist HR experience.
- At least 3 years' (gained in the last 6 years') generalist HR experience of the following areas:
- Employee relations and case management to include participation in discipline and grievance and investigation process.
- Administering sickness and absence protocols.
- Performance management protocols.
- Working with trade union representatives in an employee relations environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current and pending employment legislation.
- Current driving licence and provision of a vehicle / ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role.
Please attach your CV for consideration for this role for the attention of Katie Doyle
*** Please note that if you do not meet the essential criteria you will not be considered***