Overall Job Purpose - Based in Lisbon, Portugal
This role will support the HR Business Partner Team to deliver a comprehensive HR service in a fast paced operational environment. The focus of this role is to support the operations to drive all aspects of performance management and to develop a culture of continuous improvement that delivers for our client. The role is designed to drive employee engagement, retention and development. Contract to start for 6 months with view to permanency.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create a culture that encourages the continuous improvement of individual's skills, behaviour and contributions.
- Manage, develop and champion competency frameworks and models that ensure an effective performance management system.
- Partners with people managers to ensure the application and embedding of performance management process.
- Coach and mentor people managers where performance issues have been identified.
Talent Management, Career & Succession Planning
- Identify, retain and develop talent through use of supporting staff retention programs.
- Develop and deliver HR solutions to drive career development, succession planning and talent retention
- Coaching and empowering leaders and managers to perform their people related responsibilities more effectively.
- Participation in delivery of training programs to ensure success.
- Facilitate and manager Talent Calibration and Success Plans for assigned business areas.
- Leads the effective and timely management of employee relations issues with people managers.
- Provide advice, guidance and support to people managers with investigations, disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Feeds into the development of HR policies and practices ensuring compliance with relevant statutory legislation and industry best practice.
HR Metrics, Reporting & Projects
- Report on key HR metrics such as headcount, attrition, internal movement and performance on a regular basis.
- Ability to carry out effective root cause analysis and create solutions
- Participate and support in the delivery and implementation of key HR projects and initiatives and monitors effectiveness.
Employee Engagement & Employee Journey
- Design, develop and contribute to the annual employee engagement plan.
- Partners with operations to ensure that employee engagement and the employee journey are a factor in people plans.
- Identify influence points in the employee journey and develop strategies to support how employees experience HR services.
Agent of Change & Communication
- Participate and develop effective internal communication strategies and implementation plans.
- Drive change to improve the employee journey in line with business goals and objectives.
Personal Development & Continuous Improvement
- Engage in and take ownership of personal development and career planning.
- Find ways to do things better for you, the team and the client.
- Foster the right environment for idea generation.
- Listen to ideas to improve from team and bring those ideas forward.
- Identify and address learning needs in the team.
Collaboration & Team Work
- Build strong, relationships with your peers, colleagues and Operations
- Support colleagues, be mindful of impact of cultural differences to build the right culture
- Gain trust from existing teams, manage and lead by example
- Recognise the part you play in the team and contribute to its success.
- Be responsible for own actions where applicable and lead by example.
- Collaboratively work as part of the Team in all locations to design and drive improvements with HR strategy, policies and procedures
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Travel between two locations within Lisbon
- HR Degree or equivalent third level qualification in HR related area
- 3 years prior experience working as a HR Business Partner in a similar environment
- Strong working knowledge of Portuguese labour code and employment practices
- Fluent written and spoken English
- A proven track record in strong business partnering and collaboration with senior business leaders in a fast moving business is a must, as is the ability to pick up ad hoc operational responsibilities
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated relationship management and business partnering skills
- Strong consulting and advanced negotiating skills
- Strong team building skills and influencing skills
- Ability to influence all levels in the organisation and client.
What we offer
- Annual performance bonus - potential of €3k paid quarterly
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Health Insurance
- Paid Annual Leave
Why use Grafton?
We just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.