Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary HR Business Partner to start ASAP for a duration of 6 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £18.17 per hour
13+ week's £18.17 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT6
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00 - 5.00pm) - flexibility will be required
The post holder will be responsible for allocating work to other staff in the Department, but will not directly line manage staff.
The post holder will work as part of an HR business partner team and will operate as an internal business partner with responsibility for the provision of a professional HR service to managers within an allocated faculty in the College. The business partner will add HR value to managers of the College.
- A minimum of 3 years' recent experience of providing expert advice and guidance to managers on HR matters. In particular this must have included the full remit of employee relations
- Demonstrable experience of handling complex employee cases
- Demonstrable experience of managing risk in an employee relations environment
- Demonstrable experience of providing a successful and value added HR advisory service to managers
- Comprehensive working knowledge of employment law and experience of the practical application of the law and associated HR policies and procedures
- Experience of using HR computerised systems
- To establish and develop a dialogue and relationship with senior managers in allocated work areas to understand the key performance issues and associated people requirements to meet both current and future organisational challenges.
- To advise on and contribute to the development of HR policies, strategies and business plans within allocated work areas which enable operational and corporate aims and objectives to be achieved.
- To provide an interface to managers in allocated work areas, through the provision of high quality guidance and support in developing and progressing HR solutions to achieve business objectives.
- To provide coaching and mentoring to managers in allocated work areas in the implementation of robust employee relations, recruitment and selection and performance management processes to facilitate shared responsibility for the management of people and ensuring that HR matters are effectively and consistently dealt with.
- To provide feedback to departmental senior management teams and line managers to improve individual and organisational performance.
- To guide managers on the optimum utilisation and deployment of resources within allocated work areas including monitoring the use of temporary workers.
- To lead on implementing developments in the statutory employment framework applying to schools and departments through partnership working with core HR and HR Shared Services.
- To seek to continuously improve the quality and value of the HR service provided to the organisation
- To provide a professional support service to managers in allocated work areas on the operation of relevant employee relations policies and procedures to include discipline, grievance, capability, appraisal, harassment and redundancy.
- To implement proactive employee relations initiatives and provide management guidance on all aspects of employee relations.
- To work with and advise managers in allocated work areas on the investigation and resolution of complaints, issues and concerns regarding employment practices originating from various sources, including but not limited to grievances both internal and external.
- To work with and advise managers in allocated work areas on all disciplinary matters to bring about a resolution and minimise the risk of litigation.
- To work with the HR Senior Business Partner and HR Business Partners to ensure that grievance and disciplinary policies and procedures are operated with fairness and consistency and best practice is shared and developed across the team.
- To implement performance management programmes and procedures, including but not limited to performance appraisals, capability, attendance management and performance improvement plans.
For full job description, please submit your interest.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland