HR Equality & PPI Officer
Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, clerical and Support Services.
Band 6 HR Equality & PPI Officer required on a temporary basis based in Knockbracken, Belfast.
Role: HR Equality & PPI Officer
Rate of Pay: £14.20
Duration: 6 months
- To contribute to the development and implementation of a Personal and Public Involvement Strategy for the Trust.
- To contribute to the development and implementation of a Trust Action Plan to ensure compliance with the PfA target on Patient and Client Experience Standards.
- To manage and monitor implementation of the Trust's Equality Scheme and Disability Action Plan.
- To develop systems of engagement with key stakeholders including service users.
- To proactively establish and maintain working relationships with key stakeholders.
- To support the Assistant Director in mainstreaming equality within the Trust including within strategic planning and decision making processes.
- To support the Assistant Director in the management of policy screening and Equality Impact Assessment within the Trust.
- To undertake benchmarking and research activities.
- To facilitate public consultation exercises including the coordination and facilitation of stakeholder focus groups, public meetings and the development, distribution, collation and analysis of consultation questionnaires.
- To provide advice and guidance to managers in relation to equality legislation and compliance with statutory duties.
- To develop and monitor the implementation of a programme of staff and management training pertaining to the areas within the section.
- To deliver training related to Equality, PPI and Patient and Client Experience Standards including Senior Managers.
- To produce management reports including statutory progress reports for submission to the Trust's Senior Executive Management Team, Trust Board, Health and Social Care Board, Public Health Agency and the Equality Commission for Northern Ireland.
- To deliver presentations to a wide range of audiences to include Trust Senior Executives, Managers, Staff Groups, stakeholder groups and other HSC organisations.
- To contribute to regional work streams including representing the Trust on Working Groups related to Patient and Client Experience Standards, Equality and PPI.
- To manage identified work streams within the Equality and Public Involvement function.
- To manage the programme of work of the Trust's Equality Steering Group and PPI Steering Group including development, implementation and evaluation of a performance management framework across all work streams.
- To work with colleagues in the development and implementation of systems to ensure compliance with duties under the Disability Discrimination Act.
- To keep fully up-to-date with changes in legislation or government policy, that may impact on delivery of statutory duties within the Trust.
- To contribute to the development and implementation of a Regional and organisational measurement methodology for Patient and Client Experience Standards.
- To ensure that statutory regulations and Trust policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to at all times.
- To take part in staff development programmes and annual development reviews and/or undertake further training if and when required.
- To act at all times in a manner consistent with legislation, policy and procedures in respect of Equality and Diversity.
- To work to the mission and values of the Trust and display high standards of integrity and professionalism towards clients and colleagues.
- To continuously develop and update own knowledge and skills within the job role and contribute to setting own work objectives.
- To possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels, both internally and externally.
- To possess excellent planning and organisational skills with an ability to prioritise own workload within tight timescales and to set and work to agreed objectives.
- To undertake any other duties relevant to the post as may be assigned from time to time which are consistent with the responsibilities of the Band.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Melanie will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £26 - £33 depending on clearance level.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.