Grafton HR has been exclusively retained to appoint a HR Manager for a market leading food manufacturing business based in Co.Down. The business has an exceptional brand which would be a household name locally. The ideal candidate will have experience in a stand alone HR role dealing with, ER issues, Employee Engagement and Culture change Initiatives.
As HR managers can influence a company's culture and the way people perform, and they'll always put the needs of the business first. As a HR manager, your job will range from administrative tasks with an understanding of the law, right through to making decisions that could affect every single person in the company you work for.
- As an HR manager, you can expect to be involved in a senior position with responsibility for the following:
- Leading and directing the human resource function to deliver a comprehensive HR service to the business
- As HR manager you will support the business to deliver people-related processes, vision and strategy across the company, aligned with the law
- Employee relations, including managing absence, disciplinary procedures, grievances and absence management
- Measuring employee satisfaction and identifying areas that require improvement
- Coaching managers on performance management issues and processes
- Providing guidance on development for managers and their teams
- Implementing the training and development agenda; identify areas that need attention and improvement
- Managing talent and succession planning; taking overall responsibility for recruitment activity and campaigns
- Giving advice on company benefits
- Ensuring all company policies and procedures are up to date and in line with current employment law and ensuring line managers are up to date with any change in policy
- HR manager skills and competencies
- An HR manager will be expected to have at least four years' experience in the field. You will also be expected to hold a CIPD accredited (or equivalent) qualification. You will also have the following skills:
- Experience of dealing with senior and sometimes challenging situations
- Ability to represent the HR function as part of the bigger business picture
- Confident directing HR and advising managers on all aspects of people management and development.
- Strong understanding of employment law
- Administering financial elements such as payroll, compensation and benefits, and pension schemes.
- Handling highly confidential information in an honest and trustworthy way
- A professional and commercial approach to HR, with the ability to deliver high employee satisfaction, appropriate development and reward for individuals
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Conal at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement & Medical/Healthcare.