Grafton HR are excited to be working in partnership with a multi-site organisation who are looking to recruit a HR Manager on a part-time basis, based in their head office in Derry/ Londonderry.
As HR Manager, the successful applicant will work with Senior Management to develop and deliver people management strategies which support the company's overall strategic aims and objectives. The HR Manager will be expected to contribute at both a strategic and operational level in order to identify HR priorities and recommend appropriate people management solutions which support business aims.
The HR Manager will provide expert professional advice and support to managers and staff on all aspects of people management, which fully reflects the company's desire to be an employer of choice, current employment legislation and best practice.
- Promoting best practice in the working environment
- Supporting Senior Management Team on strategy development relating to people, performance, capability and development
- Ensuring and supporting other managers in the implementation of HR strategies, best practice and in particular effective performance management
- Review of policies and procedures and updates in line with developments in legislation and best practice on an annual basis
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal customers and relevant external bodies
- Participation in both HR and relevant business improvement projects
- Working alongside the Operations team to ensure all quality, risk and compliance obligations are met and represented
- Working closely with managers to plan the recruitment process, sending out job vacancies, writing job descriptions, sourcing and checking CV's, arranging interviews, assisting with the selection of candidates
- Develop, implement and review new and recommended employment practices in line with legislative requirements and best practices
- Liaise with employment law specialists in particular Equality Commission / Labour Relations Agency / Labour Relations Commission and any other NI & ROI advisory bodies
- Provide appropriate reactions to any employment issues including disputes, all formal grievances and complaints and managing disciplinary action in line with organisational policies and procedures
- Respond appropriately to any employment relations, injury claim or industrial relations claim that may arise within the working environment
- Ensure that the management of Sickness Absence Policy and welfare / well-being of all employees is effectively administered, recorded and reported.
- Manage the Occupational Health & Welfare according to company policies and procedures
- Recording of the timely and up to date implementation of annual and quarterly performance management procedures
- Ensure all performance management issues a re dealt with in a timely, effective and complaint manner
What you will bring:
- HR related third level qualification and CIPD membership
- At least 3 years experience in a similar role
- Have a full UK driving licence as travelling will be required throughout NI and ROI from time to time
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, in particular MS Excel, email and the Internet
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven generalist experience including the ability to work at both strategic and operational levels
- Fully conversant & up-to-date with all aspects of employment law & HR best practice in NI and ROI
- Working knowledge of Fair Employment legislation and reporting
- Experience in recruitment interviewing
- Excellent planning and organisation skills to meet deadlines
This is a great opportunity to work with some top class management staff across Northern Ireland and help continue the successful refinement of the HR function within the business, supported by a personable and proactive senior management team on a Part-time basis.
Working hours are currently 32 hours a week which will require a level of flexibility as to when they are worked to meet the business needs.
How to apply:
Please apply via the link below with your updated CV or contact Kathryn Bennett for a confidential conversation and more information on the role at 02890323333. Alternatively send an updated CV to email@example.com
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Health & Safety, Sales & Marketing, HR, Manufacturing and Procurement.