HR Resourcing Officer
Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary HR Resourcing Manager to start ASAP for a duration of 9 Months (initially)
Pay rate: £15.60 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT1
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm) flexi available
The post holder will be responsible for contributing to the development and delivery of NIJAC's objectives and overseeing the management of the day to day operational aspects of recruitment schemes, which seek to appoint or recommend individuals to appointment as judicial office holders, and related activity.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience gained in an HR/Personnel role
- At least 2 years' experience in a managerial role including the management of people
- Experience in the use of IT systems (e.g. Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Project or other similar systems)
- Associate Membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) - level 5
Promotion of Schemes
- Through the design and delivery of Scheme Outreach Plans tailored to the legal and medical professionals, plus to civic society.
- Assisting in the promotion of NIJAC and judicial opportunities via website content, outreach events, hard and soft publications, and administering the Judicial Shadowing Scheme.
Administration of Schemes
Progressing their business area to the highest standard and ensure staff under their responsibility (Executive Officer) perform and meet objectives.
Positively influencing effective working relationships with NIJAC users including applicants, professional bodies, all levels of the Judiciary, Commissioners and other government departments etc.
Contributing to the implementing of policies and procedures to facilitate effective appointments and renewals.
Managing and invigilating at assessment centres and shortlisting tests.
Co-ordinating completion of all documents associated with appointment schemes and the renewal process.
Reporting on the planning and organisation of work associated with appointment schemes and unexpected areas of work.
Co-ordinating the pre-appointments checks procedures for applicants.
Maintaining, analysing and reporting on Equality Monitoring Data, feedback and applicant satisfaction surveys to help measure success against statutory remit.
Responsible for the setting, monitoring and reporting on the budget of the scheme
Customer Service (Commissioners and Applicants)
Providing a service to the assessors and applicants in the judicial assessment and selection process.
Supporting Selection Committee meetings, minute-taking, contributing to and influencing meetings when necessary.
Developing relationships and presenting NIJAC in a positive light; monitoring and reporting on the level of service provided to all those involved.
Briefing of applicants for shortlisting tests and on assessment days.
Assist with the provision, collation and distribution of papers for NIJAC Committees e.g. Plenary, Policy and Business.
The Staff Officer will also undertake a number of other responsibilities, including;
- Participating in management meetings and team meetings.
- Researching and preparing briefing material as and when required.
- The collation and electronic distribution of Board and Committee packs and attendance at Plenary (Board) meeting acting as secretariat.
- Ensure the adherence to all Governance policies and procedures.
- Assisting NIJAC in responding to Freedom of Information (FOI) requests, Complaints, Assembly Questions (AQs) and various queries from sponsor bodies and other sources.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland