Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary HR Services assistant to start ASAP for a duration of 3 Months
Pay rate: £8.94
Hours: 37 hours
- EITHER Hold a level 5 qualification in a HR related discipline, PLUS a minimum of one years' recent HR generalist experience.
- Have three years recent HR generalist experience.Knowledge/ Experience
- Demonstrate recent experience in three of the following five areas:
- Recruitment & Selection
- Employee Relations
- Training & Development
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
- A major HR project
- Experience of dealing with highly confidential and sensitive issues.
- Experience of using an HR computerised system.
- Basic knowledge of NI employment law.
- Be fully conversant with Microsoft Office. Skills and Abilities
- Have a thorough, methodical and accurate approach to work tasks
- Ability to work with absolute confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to prioritise tasks, solve problems and work within tight deadlines
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Be an effective team player
- Have a commitment to the delivery of excellent customer service
- Credibility to forge effective working relationships
- A flexible approach to meet the ongoing needs of the Service AreaCompetencies
- The competencies required for the effective performance in post are:
- Specialist Knowledge
- Planning, Prioritising and Organising
- Team Working
- Customer Service Orientation
- ICT literacy
- Relationship Management/ Building
- Self Assertion and Personal Impact
- The post holder will carry out a range of HR administrative tasks which may include any of the following job activities:
- Provide accurate and consistent outputs across the full range of HR activities to support the Business Partners, Senior Managers and the HR Function to achieve their objectives. The specific job activities will include:
- Process advertisements and trawl notices for approval by management.
- Communicate via templates with applicants for employment/promotion/ Leavers at all stages of the selection process.
- Prepare issue and receive contractual templates to include Flexible Working, Family Friendly applications, Child Care Vouchers and ad hoc requests.
- Maintenance of the HR section of the web site.
- Process documentation required by payroll, Department for Employment and Learning, Department of Education etc.
- Record keeping for all HR transactions and processes.
- Make administrative arrangements regarding employee development events, such as the employee development conference, including the booking of necessary accommodation and making arrangements for staff to travel to events.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Basic Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £26. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Coleen Lavery will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**