Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary HR Services / PTL Contracts Officer to start ASAP for a duration of 6 Months with possible extension
Pay rate: £12.47
Location: Belfast - Castlereagh
- EITHER Hold a minimum of a level 5 qualification in a HR related discipline, PLUS have a minimum of two years' recent HR generalist experience OR have a minimum of four years' recent HR generalist experience.
- Recent experience of providing advice & guidance to curriculum managers on the engagement of Part Time Lecturers.
- Recent experience of maintaining computerised staff records.
- Recent experience of planning and organising administrative tasks.
- Recent experience of pre-employment checking and vetting procedures.
- Recent demonstrable experience of the correct interpretation of employment law in relation to employment contracts to include engagement and disengagement.
- Process advertisements and trawl notices for approval by management. Communicate via templates with applicants for employment/promotion/ Leavers at all stages of the selection process. Prepare issue and receive contractual templates to include Flexible Working, Family Friendly applications, Child Care Vouchers and ad hoc requests. Maintenance of the HR section of the College web site. Process documentation required by payroll, Department for Employment and Learning, Department of Education etc. Record keeping for all HR transactions and processes. Make administrative arrangements regarding employee development events, such as the employee development conference, including the booking of necessary accommodation and making arrangements for staff to travel to events
- To provide advice and assistance to the business partners on the employment and engagement of part time lecturers within the College. To work with the relevant business partner in assessing utilisation of staff and determining planned hours for part time lecturers for the appropriate School. To establish and maintain appropriate computerised records to record and track planned hours. To establish contracts for all part time lecturers, including both temporary contracts and variations to permanent part time lecturers. To ensure that all contracts of employment are issued to part time lecturers in accordance with the relevant legislative provision. To work with the business partner to identify their needs for the recruitment of part time lecturers. To ensure that a register of applicants for part time lecturer posts is advertised on an annual basis and updated as necessary throughout the academic year.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £26/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Coleen Lavery will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland