Our well established client in the Ballymena area are looking to recruit a HR, Training and H+S Officer to join their team on a full time permanent basis.
To support the development and implementation of HR initiatives, champion best practice in the workplace and act as a driver for change and continuous improvement. To contribute to and implement the H+S strategy to meet the company's business needs and deliver the organisational development plan.
- Monitor and evaluate the HR service to the site to ensure the function is adding value to the business
- Provide robust, accurate and timely HR advice in line with company policies and procedures, best practice and site strategy.
- Manage employee administration, management and maintenance of up to date and accurate employee records on North Time and in personnel files in order to be able to produce timely and accurate management reports and information
- Report KPI's and progress against organisational plan to OD Manager weekly and provide management information on request
- Ensure appropriate training and guidance for the management team to enable them to lead, coach and performance manage their team fairly and consistently
- Assist OD manager in providing training , coaching and support to line managers on HR policies and procedures
- Co-ordinate all recruitment activity including placing advertisements, issuing application packs and participating in interview panels. create and implement effective on boarding plans
- Act as company monitoring officer and responsible for completion of FEC monitoring returns/article 55
- Working in conjunction with line management, proactively manage sickness absence and absenteeism in a timely manner, referring to occupational health when required
- Participate in HR improvement projects and assist OD Manager in creating a learning culture that continually seeks a better way
- Using XpertHR for reference, continually research, review and recommend new opportunities to improve HR policies and procedures in order to promote the fair and equitable treatment of employees, promote retention and development of people, and succession planning in order to improve business operating profit
- Maintain Health and safety training records and training matrices, highlighting any training needs to ensure all operators are fully training on machines and processes
- Review and update all site Health and Safety policies and procedures and ensure that rules and regulations are adhered to.
- Prepare Health and Safety documentation as required
- Coordinate and /or deliver health and safety training required
- Ensure that any accidents are documented , investigated to find the root cause and recommendations of safety measure to prevent a re occurrence are made and implemented.
- Review , Co ordinate and complete risk assessments/method statements across work areas and activities
- Coordinator Health and Safety committee meetings and become initial point of contact for all health and safety related queries
- Working alongside QSE Team/department, carry out safety inspections on facilities, machinery and safety equipment
- Monitor the completion of health and safety actions
- Report KPI's and progress against H+S Strategy to QSE Manager weekly and provide management information on request
- Co Ordinate the permit to work system, verifying that those authorised to issue are doing so as safely as possible
- Co Ordinate and control all health and safety systems to ensure that the required daily, weekly, monthly and annual procedures are correctly implemented and on schedule
- Liaise with management with regards to any health and safety related claims that come through
- Follow health and safety instructions provided and safeguard your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your actions
- Undertakes tasks and projects from time to time as may be reasonably required of you by management in connection with your duties
- Level 5 qualification in Human Resources Management (or equivalent) or higher;
- Minimum 2 years' experience working as a HR Officer/Health & Safety officer with a proven track record of success in meeting challenging deadlines
- Previous experience of delivering in-house training;
- Previous experience of completing risk assessments/method statements;
- Previous experience of carrying out safety inspections
- Good working knowledge of employment law and its application in the workplace
- Good working knowledge of health and safety law and its application in the workplace
- CIPD QUALIFIED
- Level 3 qualification in a health and safety related discipline or willing to work towards (cert of above), e.g NEBOSH National General certificate in Occupational HEALTH AND SAFETY, iosh managing safely or equivalent
- Train the trainer or training delivery qualification
- Previous work experience gained within a manufacturing/production environment