Grafton recruitment are delighted to be exclusively assisting our client in the recruitment for their new Health, Safety and Environmental manager. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced HSE manager to join one of the countries top heating and building specialists.
As the HSE Manager you lead the H&S function across all levels of the business. You will be responsible for implementation of all HSE policies and procedures and developing and maintaining the HSE management systems in line with the accredited ISO standards.
You will be based in Draperstown but will be required to do site visits as required throughout Northern Ireland.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Job role will include but are not limited to:
- Provide knowledge and support on all HSE issues to management and staff
- Carry out risk assessments, fire risk assessments and environmental impact assessments to ensure compliance with regulations and industry best practice.
- Implement accident prevention measures, where required conduct accident investigations, take witness statements and carry out trend and root cause analysis and amend procedures if required.
- Develop and review risk assessments and work and devise a mechanism for site specific risk assessments.
- Ensure regular site audits and inspections are carried out and findings/ remedial actions implemented
- Provide monthly reports to company directors and clients as necessary
- Prepare the company for external and internal audits as required
- Drive HSE across the company and keep up to date with amendments to regulations and procedures
- Implement and manage the procedures with regard to asbestos management in multiple site locations.
- Liaise with various bodies i.e. HSENI and insurance company as well as accreditation bodies Constructionline, Considerate Constructors, CEF, Sparksafe, OFTEC, Gas Safe and other agencies to ensure registrations are maintained.
- Develop and monitor a site waste management plan ensuring that waste production is kept to a minimum
- Ensure employees have adequate training and arrange the required training and maintain employee records
- Schedule and arrange external training as required for all employees to ensure they remain up to date with all required training. Maintain their training records and manage all training correspondence to ensure all relevant people are informed.
- Any other duties deemed necessary by management
- NEBOSH Certificate in Construction or equivalent qualification
- Minimum of 3 years as a Health and Safety Manager in a construction environment
- Minimum of Graduate Level IOSH Membership
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of dealing with all of the regulations and standards, in particular ISO18001.
- Current Driving License
- Experience in Environmental standards and practices and aware of the ISO14001 standard.
- NEBOSH environmental qualification
- P402 or P405 in Asbestos Management/ Asbestos Sampling
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Excellent interpersonal and communication Skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work within specified time frames
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- £35K ( could be negotiable for the right candidate )
- Monday - Friday
- 8am - 5pm
- Flexibility is required as you will be required to travel and meet the businesses needs
- Company Car
- Life Assurance (terms apply)
- Health Cash Plan Membership
For further information please contact Graham on 02890242824 or submit your CV via the link.
Why use Grafton ?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.