Grafton Built Environment is working in partnership with a leading Construction Company based in County Londonderry/ Derry who are looking to hire a senior level Health, Safety, Environment, and Quality Manager to join their busy team on a permanent basis.
As HSEQ Manager, the successful applicant will work closely with the in-house construction management team and sub-contractors to provide an integrated service in all aspects of HSEQ. This will involve the development and delivery of strategic plans and objectives that support both operational requirements as well as the day to day Health and Safety compliance across multiple project sites in Northern Ireland.
The HSEQ Manager will ideally live within commuting distance of Derry/ Londonderry as this is mainly an office based role, however the business operates sites throughout Northern Ireland which the HSEQ Manager will be required to visit on a regular basis.
Reporting to the company Director, duties and responsibilities include:
- Development of effective and proactive strategies for managing HSEQ risks, and for improving HSEQ performance.
- Mentor and advice managers on a broad range of HSEQ issues, supporting them in embedding HSEQ policy and process where appropriate.
- Lead investigation and resolution of H&S accidents and incidents.
- Contribute to the wider strategic, operational, financial and commercial management within the Business
- Engage with other HSEQ professionals in the business to ensure that good and poor HSEQ practice is communicated effectively to encourage continual improvement.
- Work with Business Management to develop and implement an effective HSEQ training and competency framework.
- Ensure HSEQ across various sites across Northern Ireland and support Audit Sub-contractors
- Manage and Deliver HSEQ policies and procedures across the business as well as ensure Health and Safety compliance across all building sites
- Demonstrates analytic and proactive thinking with proven ability to solve problems with ease
- Strong Communication and negotiation skills to influence at a senior level
- Ability to build and maintain customer relationships, understands corporate environment and aware of implications of internal and external politics
- Demonstrate Commercial and Financial awareness
- Flexibility to visit multiple sites across Northern Ireland on a regular basis (Car allowance available)
In addition to the above criteria the Health and Safety Manager should display the following competencies...
- A minimum of at least 5 years experience as a HSEQ generalist in a Senior position
- Diploma in Safety Management, or equivalent qualifications/ experience
- Holds a NEBOSH certificate/ qualification
- Experience of working in a similar role, ideally within the Construction/ Built Environment sector. Other industries will be considered
- Proven knowledge and experience of HSEQ generalist skills
- Sound working knowledge of up to date HSEQ law, and relevant sector-specific HSEQ standards in relation to the built environment, civil and the operation of construction plant & equipment
- Experience of working within a CDM role or as Principal Designer would also be an advantage
This is a fantastic opportunity to join this company during a time of growth, to work on some really exciting projects.
Attractive negotiable salary, dependant on level of experience. Benefits and car allowance available.
Please click on the link and upload your up to date CV or feel free to contact Kathryn Bennett at Grafton Specialist Recruitment for the Built Environment on 028 90 323 333 for more information or to express interest in the role.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.