Leading Construction, Civils and Utilities Contractor, Belfast
£30,000 to £40,000 plus benefits
A leading Utility and Civil Engineering Contractor require a HSEQ Manager to assume responsibility and oversee company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality procedures, predominantly visiting sites within the Greater Belfast area, although travel throughout Northern Ireland may be required from time to time.
Our Client has a number of long term frameworks with Utility providers, Water, Electricity, Telecoms, and Gas Networks to name but a few. They have a well established certified ISO and IMS in place. Founded nearly 40 years ago, they have won numerous awards including prestigious NIRAUC Best Streetworks Contractor and UK Health and Safety Awards.
The Ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to show evidence of monitoring, reviewing, preparing and publishing policies and procedures that apply in multi site operations. The role requires excellent communication skills both verbal and written with strong negotiation and client facing skills. With a real desire to take control and responsibility of safe working practices skills to ensure that all sites develop their Health and Safety compliance culture in a consistent manner.
Some of your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Maintaining an effective Health and Safety Management System for the company across multiple sites
- Provide support and guidance to the senior management team on Health and Safety matters including; the development of statistics, management reviews, targets and objectives.
- Assist in the preparation of PPQ's and tenders
- Provide leadership on Health and Safety matters and empower the workforce to ensure it is firmly embedded and adhered to.
- Manage compliance, daily check lists, attending industry information days etc
To be considered for this role you must have:
- A minimum of 5 years post qualification Health & Safety management experience, preferably within the Construction industry.
- Relevant Health & Safety qualification such as NEBOSH.
- Hands on experience in conducting audits, investigations & root cause analysis.
- Excellent knowledge of NI, UK and EU Health and Safety legislation.
- Understanding of OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001, and ISO 14001 standards.
You will also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal,
Interested Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality (HSEQ) Managers can apply by submitting a completed CV via the link on the job board.
For more information or to discuss in total confidence please contact James Manley on 02890 323333 or 07977 500956.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.