ICT Communications Engineer
Location: Derry/ Londonderry
Salary: £21000 - £25000 dependent on experience with a Rota Allowance of £160.00 per week
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been retained to recruit an ICT Communications Engineer role for a family owned company, which has been at the heart of providing businesses with a range of tailored data, Internet and telephony communications solutions for over 30 years. You will be based in County Derry/ Londonderry.
The role To be responsible for the provision of day-to-day support of Atlas Communications NI Ltd customers as required by the Lead Engineer.
- Responsible for the installation and support of the equipment at customer's premises to ensure effective service within agreed time scales and to the standards required by the company.
- Ensure the appropriate level of liaison between accredited partners, sales and customers are delivered to maintain an efficient and effective service.
- Provide consultancy and appropriate advice and support to customers as required.
- Establish and maintain effective communication between Atlas Communications NI Ltd and third-party network service providers as required.
- Ensure that customers receive the correct product to meet their specific requirements.
- Plan and co-ordinate effective training ensuring the customer has a sound understanding of the product and the benefits it can offer.
- Plan and organise travel and accommodation requirements to customer sites in accordance with the procedures required by the company
- Identify and develop the required level of interpersonal and presentation skill sets, building trust and confidence to ensure effective site visits.
- Complete the required documentation and reporting in respect of the installation, configuration and commissioning of equipment as required.
- Ensure complete customer satisfaction in respect of all aspects of work carried out.
- Ensure personal time management reports are completed within agreed time frames.
- Responsible as required for the provision of office based technical support internally and externally.
- Responsible as required for onsite maintenance.
- Ensure all issues are dealt with as quickly as is practicable and to report to your Manager any issues that may arise from specific faults.
- To be responsible for the planning, preparation and presentation of internal and external training courses as required by the Manager.
- To be part of the 24-hour call out rota as required. Making yourself available to assist other engineers where appropriate.
- Ensure all available material resources are utilised in a cost-effective manner
- Ensure the need for additional material resources is identified to your Line Manager as appropriate.
- Ensure all relevant purchasing, quality and other company procedures are followed as required.
- Maintain a full clean current motor vehicle driving license to enable the effective discharging of your tasks.
- Current Telephony Manufacturer Certifications
- JNCIA and/or Cisco CCNA
- Excellent interpersonal skills: including verbal/written communication and presentation skills applicable in both an internal and customer-facing environment.
- Adaptability to provide solutions within a challenging environment.
- Evidence of people management skills
- Computer literate.
- This post is primarily based in Northern Ireland but the successful candidate will be required to travel and work throughout Ireland and the UK, If necessary may be required to travel outside the UK.
- To be able to work outside the normal working hours on a 24 hour 7 basis as required.
- Valid UK driving license
- At least 2 years' experience within an engineering/IT role (Field based) role.
- Demonstrable ability to successfully receive technical training, subsequently
- Deploying the imparted knowledge to the best advantage.
- Evidence of ability to investigate issues, analyse and present options for achieving resolution.
- Understanding of telephony and/or LAN / WAN solutions
- Experience of working with Juniper products/ and or IP Telephony solutions.
- Microsoft certifications or equivalent experience.
- VMware and Linux
- Evidence of continuing personal professional development.
- Values the strength of teamwork in achieving objectives and seeks to maximize this, but is equally happy to self motivate and to work independently when appropriate.
- Overtime payments at 1.5 and 2.0 hourly rate
- Car, mobile phone, laptop
- 23 days plus 10 bank holidays
- Private Health Scheme can be added to
- Workers Pension 3/5
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across the IT sector.