ICT - Level 5
Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary ICT - Level 5 to start ASAP for a duration of 6 Months
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £11.00 per hour
13+ week's £15.67 per hour
Location: Belfast, City Centre
Hours: 37 per week
The post will require significant collaboration external to AFBI, with our partners in Ireland and the UK, to understand the best practices in the field, a sound technical background in environment data management (including relational databases and in scripting languages for data processing), and a strategic approach to marine data processing that when successful, can have wider application for the collection and management of environmental datasets.
- Qualified in an IT, technical or data science discipline
- Experience of SQL design, data process, mapping, data management/data loggers/telemetary
- Be sufficiently fit, able and willing to pass a sea-going medical, sea survival training and carry out field work that require manual handling.
- Map current data processes, implement standardisation of methods;
- Identify and introduce relevant data (and metadata) standards and specify data generation alongside the design of appropriate archive databases.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £26/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland