Our Client, a Large Public Sector require an ICT Mobile Operations Officer to join their team based in Coleraine
Role : ICT Mobile Operations Officer
Location : Cloonavin, Coleraine
Hours of Work : 37 hrs per week - Monday to Friday
Hourly Rate : 1-12 Weeks £13.15p.hr 13 weeks + £15.06p/hr
Main Duties :
- Assist the ICT Operations Manager in providing leadership and vision in the development, management and control of Council's Mobile Operations and services across its diverse functions, diverse range of specialist disciplines and wide range of responsibilities. Contribute to the development of the ICT Strategy and Plan for Council in the area of ICT Mobile Operations. Maintain a high level knowledge and full breadth of technology solutions to drive the digitalisation strategy.
- Under the guidance of The ICT Operations Manager and in consultation with the Head of ICT, SMT and HoS, dealing with a high range of complex and contentious matters and ensuring alignment with the Corporate Plan, business goals and priorities. Provide relevant Disaster Recovery and Risk Management plans for the ICT Mobile Operations area, contribute to their implementation and to Business Continuity solutions in conjunction with HoS and SMT.
- Develop business processes for ICT Mobile Operations which have a major impact on service provision to the public and all stakeholders. Management and implementation of reliable, secure communications for mobile devices across the organisation and to external partners. Ensure the monitoring and evaluation of the service is performed.
- Assist in the creation, review and updating of ICT policies and procedures and provide direct advice for change on ICT Mobile Operations matters to the Head of ICT, HoS, SMT and Council and manage the implementation process.
- Ensure that the department complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
- Under the guidance of the ICT Operations Manager, manage the provision of Council's ICT Mobile Technology platforms, across all levels of the organisation, and the development of creative future solutions for these platforms.
- Under the guidance of the ICT Operations Manager, lead on the development of the Council's mission critical ICT Mobile Operations, core hardware and software support and improvement. Ensuring consistent and secure access to core ICT services for the new Council's Departments, related organizations and Members as appropriate. Utilizing demanding working processes which are subject to deadlines in a frequently changing environment.
- Architecture of ICT Mobile Operations to integrate a range of complex and changing server, security, networking and business continuity technologies. Ongoing consultation with Heads of Service and SMT on areas which have a very significant impact on Council. Understand advanced technical implementations to ensure compatibility and interoperability.
- Assist the ICT Operations Manager in dealing with major ICT incidents and in the resolution of advanced/complex system issues. Ability to work under pressure and time constraints to manage competing priorities.
- Ensure provision of high quality ICT facilities for Members having significant implications on the customer care for the ratepayers of the borough.
- Under the guidance of the ICT Operations Manager and the Head of ICT, develop Council's ICT Mobile Device and Flexible Working Strategy in consultation with HoS, SMT and the Council.
Essential Criteria :
- Hold a degree level qualification in a relevant ICT related discipline such as Computer Science, Computing and Information Technology, Information Management and be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, two years relevant experience of working in the field of ICT.
- Consideration will be given to candidates who do not possess a degree level qualification but can demonstrate, on the application form by providing personal and specific examples, three years' experience of working in the field of ICT.
- Applicants must also have a minimum of two years' experience in each of the following areas:
- Strategy Development. The ability to look ahead, assess options, contribute to the development of ICT Strategy, evaluate options and effectively lead or direct delivery to achieve strategic objectives and outcomes.
- Operational Policy & Procedures. A proven track record of leading the formulation, delivery, and review of key technology driven operational procedures within a large, customer facing organisation.
- A current full, Category B (car), Driving Licence valid in the UK and access to a car or *have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
* Applies only to applicants who have a disability under the Disability Discrimination Act.
If you are interested and meet ALL ESSENTIAL CRITERIA please apply via the link