ICT Project Manager - Public Sector
At Grafton Recruitment we currently have a new opportunity available for an experienced ICT Project Manager to take up a position with a Public Sector body based in Dublin City Centre.
Reporting to the Business Systems Development Manager, the role will support and facilitate the effective implementation of Business Systems programmes and related projects. The role will focus on managing the delivery of projects for external and internal clients, from project initiation through to close out. The successful candidate will ensure all solutions comply with the organisation's architectural and quality standards and help ensure that all projects deliver to time, quality and to Business specification.
There will be a focus on business process definition and process improvement while collaborating with the existing teams and external stakeholders.
This position will be offered as a contract role until December 2020.
- Project plan preparation and ownership throughout the project delivery
- Work closely with B.A.s assigned to the project to help ensure timelines, quality and scope requirements are
- Monitor and support the testing phase of projects
- Track the status and progress of test bugs, issues and refinements
- Liaise with the development team to resolve issues and to progress into system deployment
- Support business users through User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Submit solutions to Change Advisory Board for deployment
- Manage smoke test sufficient to pass deployment to Production
- Communicate release management with the Business Owners
- Overall accountability for project delivery, within budget, scope, quality and time
- Project stakeholder management including clear communication and status reporting
- Create documentation for project including Project Plan, Project Initiation Documents, Status Reports, Risk Logs etc
- Report regularly to the management team in project progress
- Management of change throughout the project delivery
- Manage the transition and handover from "Project" to software support
- Setting standards and ensuring adherence for how projects are completed and tracked
To be considered for this role you will be free to commit to a contract position while also meeting the following requirements:
- Relevant Third Level qualification (e.g. Degree) in project management, business studies, etc
- Proven track record in delivering successful ICT Projects
- Awareness of ICT industry trends and new approaches to ICT implementation (i.e Cloud)
- Knowledge of Information security systems and Data Protection
- Proven ability to park own assumptions, challenge the assumptions of others, listen and draw information out of stakeholders to identify issues and requirements that are backed up with data from several vantage points
- Effective problem solver with the ability to pre-empt potential issues and to learn quickly and find solutions
- Excellent influencing skills with the confidence to deal with staff effectively at all levels throughout the organisation
- Excellent ability to develop IT solutions based on Business need and requirements
Why use Grafton?
We know that finding the right job can be challenging but we have the tools and resources to succeed. We are an established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary clients in multiple industry sectors in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by the clicking the enclosed link and send your cv to Laura Craughwell at Grafton Recruitment.