ICT Project Officer
Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation based in Coleraine require an ICT Project Officer to join their team.
Role : ICT Project Officer x 2
Location : Coleraine
Hours of work : Monday to Friday 37 hrs per week
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £13.68 p/hr 13 weeks + £15.36
Main Duties :
- Work with senior ICT staff and business units to provide professional and efficient delivery in ICT projects. The ability to drill down into initial requirements to develop a set of technical requirements and deliverables, to formalise and align the process of delivering updated and new ICT services throughout council. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to continuously ensure the engagement of all stakeholders throughout the project.
- Develop formal tender documents for the procurement of services from 3rd party suppliers. Open up communication between different parties, including other services within council to nurture buy-in for major projects and change programs. Identify where technology is not being maximally exploited, innovating to gain best value from existing investment and in providing new solutions.
- Ensure that the department complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
Full Job Description available on request.
Essential Criteria :
- Hold a degree level qualification in a relevant ICT related discipline such as Computer Science, Computing and Information Technology, Information Management and be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, two years relevant experience of working in the field of ICT.
- Consideration will be given to candidates who do not possess a degree level qualification but can demonstrate, on the application form by providing personal and specific examples, one year's experience of working in the field of ICT.
- Applicants must also have experience in each of the following areas:
- Strategy Development. The ability to look ahead, assess options, contribute to the development of ICT Strategy, evaluate options and effectively lead or direct delivery to achieve strategic objectives and outcomes.
- Operational Policy & Procedures. A proven track record of leading the formulation, delivery, and review of key technology driven operational procedures within a large, customer facing organisation.
- ICT Service Delivery. Experience of delivering high quality ICT Projects, excellent communication and collaboration skills and an ability to innovate to deliver
- have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
* Applies only to applicants who have a disability under the Disability Discrimination Act.
A current full, Category B (car), Driving Licence valid in the UK and access to a car or
If you are interested and meet all Essential Criteria please apply via the link.