Import Administrator (Freight)
Imports Warehouse Officer/Administrator | Belfast | £20,000
Grafton Recruitment is currently representing an international shipping and logistics company in their search to appoint an experienced Warehouse Officer/Administrator to join their Belfast based organisation on a permanent basis. This is an excellent opportunity to join a locally owned and rapidly expanding business on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for coordinating and providing administration of Freight Import Shipments.
- Knowledge of import customs procedures.
- Completion of import files.
- Providing administration support through to completion of the job and invoicing.
- Arranging customs clearance with relevant importers.
- Arranging delivery to final destination.
- Liaise with the warehouse sector in relation to storage and handling.
- Provide a timely response to all relevant queries.
- To ensure high levels of customer services are maintained at all times.
- Full UK Driving License and access to transport
- GCSE English and Mathematics grade C or above -or equivalent qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a busy office environment.
- Proficient IT Skills with working knowledge of MS Office- experience in Excel and Word
- Be a professional individual with knowledge of customer service and expectation.
- Enthusiastic, hardworking, well organised and able to prioritise
- Ability and confidence to work on own initiative
- Able to meet deadlines - self-starter.
- Able to work with others, and willing to contribute to team communications
- Effective communicator both internal and with external customers
- Knowledge of Import customs procedures
- Experience in working with a range of software applications.
- Experience within a similar role and business
- Recognised IT qualification
- Knowledge and understanding of HMRC procedures relating to freight importation would certainly be an advantage, however, full training, support and development will be given while in the position.
Hours of work for this position are 9am to 5pm from Monday to Friday. In return my client if offering a competitive salary of £20,000 per annum, 28 days holiday, private health care, and pension scheme. For further information please submit your CV via the link.