Role: Trade Analyst
Location: Derry / L'Derry
Salary: £25,500 - £30,000 plus pension scheme, health insurance, stock purchase plan, onsite gym and flexible working hours
This global technology group have been providing their client's around the world with wide range of innovative solutions to often complex data storage problems for over 30 years.
Grafton Specialist Recruitment is working with them to recruit a Trade Analyst to operate from their Derry office on a contract basis.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience operating with highly reputable, global firm.
You will be responsible for the administration of all import and export transactions and activities, maintaining trade compliance records and staying current with international trade laws and regulations.
- Process import and export transactions ensuring correct product classification and documentation.
- Administrate Inward Processing Relief (IPR) trade program.
- Support intrastat declarations.
- Ensure Seagate trade activities remain compliant.
- Support Global ITA's 24/7 shipping support obligation and transactional processing.
- Maintain Seagate's export control licensing requirements.
- Provide timely and accurate information to HMRC, brokers and management.
- Monitor developments in customs regulations and maintain procedures to ensure continued compliance.
- Liaise with internal and external customers including Seagate departments, freight forwarders, brokers and HMRC for information pertaining to imports and exports.
- Participate in compliance audits with HMRC and the Export Control Organisation.
- Maintain products and master tables within trade systems.
- Assist with automated trade system enhancements; testing, troubleshooting etc.
- Strong background in a finance environment, with an understanding of Intrastat, customs duties and VAT, highly desirable.
- High level of IT skills and proficient with business computer applications, such as Oracle.
- Must have good documentation skills and desire to work collaboratively and share knowledge with other team members.
- Demonstrate excellence in terms of initiative and a proactive approach to the job role.
- Professional international trade qualification would be beneficial but not essential.
- Competitive salary circa £25,500 - £30,000.
- Contract role to cover maternity.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Financial Services, Insurance, Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.