Inclusive Learning Assistant- Band 3
Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Inclusive Learning Assistant Band 3 to start ASAP for a duration of 3 months
Pay rate: £9.42 per hour
Location: Across all Belfast Met Campuses
Hours: 6 or 18- Varies depending on Students Timetable
- A minimum of a Level 2 qualification in a care related discipline
- Hold GCSE in English Language (Grade C or above) and GCSE Maths (Grade C or above) or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 years' experience of working with young people or adults with learning difficulties and/ or physical disabilities
Demonstrable understanding of the barriers to inclusion that may be experienced by students/potential students.
- The role is based across all of the Colleges locations, there is a requirement to travel between sites
- Working with students to identify and help overcome specific difficulties, but not to provide subject specific tuition;
- Providing confidential support to disabled students, on a one-to-one basis in a neutral public space;
- Assisting students in accessing campus facilities including opening doors, carrying bags, orientation around campus, general assistance etc;
- Making any necessary reasonable adjustments to ensure support is delivered in an accessible manner;
- Adhering to Health and Safety procedures including personal fire evacuation plans;
- Providing reports, written and oral, as required including those for internal quality assurance arrangements;
- Ensuring that all documentation and authorisation procedures are adhered to;
- Maintaining accurate records of all class preparation work and to make these available to the Line Manager on request;
- Maintaining appropriate professional conduct;
- Carrying other duties appropriate to the grade and post assigned.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Fiona Magee will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland