Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Information Officer to start ASAP for a duration of up to 51 weeks
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £9.00
13+ week's £15.67
- At least two years' experience as a practitioner in public relations, journalism, advertising, marketing or similar communications disciplines
- Attending senior officials/ Ministers at site visits inside and outside Northern Ireland;
- Arranging press, radio and TV interviews;
- Responding to media enquiries;
- Preparing, and on occasion offering, advice to Ministers and senior officials on information and presentational issues;
- Writing and editing news releases, descriptive articles, reference and publicity material;
- Arranging for media coverage of important events, announcements or visits;
- Contributing to the planning and/or implementation of communications plans and supporting departmental publicity campaigns
- Contributing to media monitoring, particularly social media, and drafting of rebuttals
- Inputting to internal communications systems and processes
- Social media content development
- Updating and coordinating planner returns and liaison with Executive Information Service colleagues as necessary
- Supervision of support staff and managing resources; and
- Using IT in an office environment.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £26/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Coleen Lavery will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland