Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Information Officer to start ASAP for a duration of 6 months - 9 months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £9.50
13+ week's £15.87
Location: Belfast, BT1
Hours: 9:00am- 5:00pm Monday- Friday
- Good communication skills - both oral and written;
- Good IT skills and experience of using Microsoft word, excel spread sheets and outlook. Experience of creating statistical reports would be beneficial;
- Good time management and organisational skills;
- An ability to work under pressure, and plan/prioritise workloads on a daily basis;
- Experience of Line Management, monitoring project delivery, effectiveness, and resources;
- Experience of working with Committees/Boards and Senior Management including preparing and presenting briefings, papers and reports;
- Experience of building effective partnerships and forging, maintaining and managing constructive working relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders to deliver desired outcomes.
- Carry out Line Management duties adhering to Board Policies and Procedures;
- Ensure that all work is undertaken and personal information is processed in line with statutory legislation in respect of Human Rights, Equality, Data Protection and Freedom of Information;
- Assist with the provision of the secretariat function for the Partnership Committee including taking minutes and notes when required;
- Write reports, Committee papers, briefings and speaking notes for Board Members and Board Officials as required;
- Assist in monitoring, updating and implementing the programme of work to support successful delivery of the Engagement Strategy;
- Co-ordinate the organisation of engagement events, attend events as required and engage with the public and external organisations to promote the work of the Board;
- Manage the organisation of meetings, attend meetings to represent the Board and provide updates as applicable;
- Contribute to the management and effective delivery of the Board's volunteer schemes - the Independent Custody Visiting (ICV) Scheme and the Independent Community Observer (ICO) Scheme, engaging with external stakeholders;
- Create statistics and written reports for the volunteer schemes for the Board and external stakeholders;
- Support the delivery of volunteer recruitment campaigns for the ICV and ICO Schemes;
- Provide support and advice to Board Members and Board Officials on relevant issues, and respond to queries as appropriate;
- Assist in the delivery of consultations as necessary
- Maintain a central contacts database; diary management to include updating the Corporate Calendar.
Please indicate on your CV how you meet all the criterion on the job description.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Fiona Magee will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland