Information Support Officer
Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Information Support Officer to start ASAP for a duration of 5 months
Pay rate: £12.73 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours
- Log, process, and monitor information access requests received for legislative compliance and draft responses (of any complexity), including the application of exemptions and exceptions and the wider public interest consideration in disclosure/non-disclosure (if applicable).
- Monitor trends and collate reports from same as needed on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Liaise with staff on information access issues, providing advice and training, including the design of appropriate training on all issues that arise as required.
- Maintain and monitor a record of training rolled out to the wider business and ensure maximum attendance/completion by all necessary staff.
- Collate pertinent information from relevant line-of-business systems, e.g. Rapid, Ellipse, CAR2Map, and redact sensitive information as required.
- Undertake iStream support duties within the capacity of the role or refer to Service Desk as appropriate.
- Assist the Business Information Support Officer as required in undertaking Information Assurance and Data Quality duties appropriate to the Corporate Information Management discipline, by helping to monitor compliance and accuracy, which are integral to customer service, operational effectiveness and regulatory reporting on performance and governance.
- Attend and/or minute meetings as a representative of the IMU, contributing and advising on issues as required.
- Assist other departments in the Data Protection Impact Assessment process, re-drafting and returning to the relevant department as necessary, prior to review by the Business Information Manager and approval by the Head of Corporate Information & Data Protection Officer.
- Ensure guidance manuals and policies are reviewed each year in line with current legislative requirements.
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs, Grade C or above (to include English and Maths) or equivalent
- Minimum of six months' experience of information and records management, preferably in an IT or office environment
- Knowledge of Freedom of Information, Environmental Information Regulations and Data Protection legislation
- Knowledge and experience of using IT systems (databases, Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, etc.)
- Experience using NI Water line-of-business applications (e.g. Rapid, CAR2Map, etc.)
- High level of time management and organisational skills
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Basic Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £18. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, a member of the team will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.