Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Investigation Officer to start ASAP for a duration of 6 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £9.00 per hour
13+ week's £15.67 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT1
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00 - 5.00pm)
- Have four years experience of conducting criminal or other legal enforcement investigations at ALL stages within the past 10 years;
- Have experience in the writing of high quality evidence based reports including recommendations;
- Have four years' experience in the last 10 years in interviewing victims, witnesses and suspects in accordance with a formal legal framework;
- Experience of presenting evidence under cross examination in a court or other legally empowered body;
- Have the ability to work effectively as part of a team, providing support and assistance where necessary;
- Have experience in the use of IT systems in the working environment;
- Candidates should hold a current driving licence and have access to a car, which is available for official business, OR have access to a means of transport that will enable them to undertake the duties of the post in full.
- In addition it is also desirable that candidates demonstrate the following;
- Have demonstrable experience of conducting investigations relating to oversight of public or private sector bodies.
- Experience of using forensic support during investigation process.
- Taking witness statements, interviewing, preparing casework and making recommendations for criminal and disciplinary action.
- Assessing requirement of vulnerable and intimidated witnesses and obtaining statements in accordance with achieving best evidence.
- Assessing requirements for specialist scientific support and liaise with Forensic Scientists and Scenes of Crime Officers.
- Visiting incident scenes and supervising scene management.
- Undertaking the investigation of complex cases, involving both criminal and disciplinary allegations, where directed.
- Recommending charges or other action, where appropriate based upon evidence obtained.
- Provide an On Call capability to Critical Incidents, including times when not normally scheduled to work, e.g. night, weekends, public holidays.
- Preparation of high quality reports for submission to Directors or the Public Prosecution Service, Coroners, Chief Constable and Policing Board as required.
- Updating and ensuring the accuracy of computerised records.
- Liaison with other organisations and outside agencies as required
- Any other relevant duties appropriate to the grade as may be required including the participation in the interchange of duties within the Directorate.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland