Role: IS Project Manager (Full Time Fixed Term Maternity Cover for 1 year)
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit an IS Project Manager (Full Time Fixed Term Maternity Cover for 1 year)based in Belfast.
To manage projects, typically (but not exclusively) involving the development and implementation of business processes to meet identified business needs, acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, and quality. To participate in the provision of the necessary project management, documentation and monitoring processes required to support the delivery of the ICT Programme and other technology projects in partnership with the Business. This will support the achievement of the company's strategic and operational objectives. This will involve taking a lead role in implementing the required business transformation of working practices, processes and culture required to deliver project objectives.
Reporting to Information Services and Technology Manager
- Ensure projects are managed in accordance with Company Project Management and Project Control procedures.
- Develop project schedules, identifying key phases and elements and their inter-dependencies.
- Develop and maintain Risk Management Plans throughout the project.
- Prepare required project documentation with the IS project management methodology. Manage the successful delivery of the key projects as identified in the ICT Programme, in line with corporate project management methodologies.
- Responsible for technical aspects of design, technical quality and quality control of projects.
- Monitor budgetary performance in conjunction with the project accountant. Prepare the necessary business plans and economic appraisals to secure approval for I.S. Projects. Ensure that realistic project, quality, and risk plans are prepared and maintained for projects.
- Implement appropriate stakeholder liaison processes to ensure that user requirements are fully developed and incorporated within proposed solutions, over the project life cycle.
- Ensure that there are robust processes for specification development, testing, verification and selection of candidate I.S. solutions.
- Recommend business process changes and improvements in operations.
- Formulate and publish an effective project communications strategy.
- Ensure appropriate consideration is given to the organisations equality duties as well as specific commitments associated with your job role
General management responsibilities
- Process - Ensure all projects are properly implemented and progressed in accordance with Company policy, standards and procedures. Ensure effective controls are being implemented in respect of changes and variations. Ensure accurate and timely periodical reports are produced. Represent IS Department at meetings with internal and external bodies in relation to specific areas of responsibility and to ensure that corporate policy is followed in the decision/action taken regarding the outcome of such interaction.
- Complexity - Perform highly complex work activities covering technical, financial and quality aspects. Contribute to the formulation of IT strategy. Creatively apply a wide range of technical and/or management principles.
- Autonomy - Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial and quality aspects. Establish organisational objectives and delegate responsibilities. Is accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and subordinates.
- Influence - As subject matter expert to inform the business strategy and future IS plans. Influences a significant part of the organisation and influences customers/suppliers at senior management level. Make decisions which impact and determine new ways of working across the organisation. Develop high-level relationships with customers, suppliers and industry leaders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a minimum of 2 years' experience in successfully managing significant projects
- Possess an HND or higher in a technology related subject OR alternatively, hold a relevant professional qualification
- Possess a good understanding of all aspects of IT and an awareness of legislation and developments within the IT industry
- Possess a good understanding of information based legislation including Freedom of Information, Data Protection etc
- Excellent report writing skills
- Experience of the monitoring and control of allocated human and material resources, associated revenue costs and all capital costs against a project budget
- Awareness of customer expectations both internal and external
- Able to motivate and lead others to successfully achieve goals
- Experience of project planning, management and control processes and methodologies within an IS environment
- Experience of working with Microsoft Project or equivalent scheduling software
- Able to satisfy such medical standards as may apply to the post.
To discuss this opportunity please contact Jane Donnelly on 02890 323333 (Ext 415)/ 07384513095
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions.