IT Analyst - Infrastructure
Location: Belfast, Co Antrim. N Ireland
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been retained to recruit an IT Analyst for the world's largest construction equipment manufacturer based in Belfast.
The company has a very successful local history and partners with many global organisations and is a mainstay of the American Fortune 100 companies list.
As an IT Infrastructure Analyst, you will perform a vital back-office function in the provision and procurement of various IT assets. You will possess a high level of technical knowledge and a demonstrated history in the procurement of assets and managing service level agreements.
You will be responsible for the effective delivery of internal or contracted infrastructure services. You will ensure that all infrastructures meet the required quality needs and ensure they are effectively implemented and maintained.
- New program deployment and/or maintenance of existing mainframe, personal computer, server, Local Area and Wide Area Networks and/or distributed computing systems and infrastructure
- Liaison between internal teams and vendor purpose of acquiring, renewing and canceling IT infrastructure contracts and assets.
- Assist with regional issues and escalations related to IT assets, procurement, suppliers, and other issues
- Performing data entry for the purpose of IT asset acquisition
- Periodically review standard operating procedures or contractual reporting requirements and provide updates and improvements
- Analysing and reporting actual infrastructure spend to measure and identify cost variances
- Communicating overall performance and business unit impacts
- Managing a repository of related documentation and metric information
- Significant relevant IT experience which will ideally include:
- Experience with Local Area and Wide Area Networks
- Reporting infrastructure spend
- Monitoring and ensuring customer quality
- Basic knowledge of IT Infrastructure and finance terminology
- Strong communication skills including writing reports for management
- Demonstrated proficiency in conducting ad hoc and structured analysis to support decision making
- Cross-functional project management experience using project management methodology and tools.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline business, computer science, or information services
- Service level management experience in a large enterprise services team
- PMI certification, 6 Sigma Black Belt, Green Belt, or IT Service Management coordination roles
- Purchasing Systems: Basic capability to perform functions in purchasing applications such as eClips, MySupplyCabinet, JDEdwards, or SAP.
- Productivity Systems: Basic capability using Tableau, Microsoft Sharepoint, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive hourly rate and the chance to work for one of the worlds leading companies.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.