IT Analyst - Infrastructure
Location: Belfast, Co Antrim. N Ireland
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been retained to recruit an IT Analyst for the world's largest construction equipment manufacturer based in Belfast.
The company has a very successful local history and partners with many global organisations and is a mainstay of the American Fortune 100 companies list.
This is an IT service level management position responsible to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of one or more internal or contracted infrastructure services The incumbent provides guidance and results review through standards of measurements to ensure customer quality needs are met and programs are effectively implemented and maintained.
This position reports to an IT Supervisor, Senior IT Supervisor or IT Manager. Customers may include internal organisations (service centres and/or worldwide business units), suppliers, dealers or other Information Technology teams or business partners. Responsibilities of the incumbents are along functional lines with individual IT Infrastructure Analysts assigned new program deployment and/or maintenance of existing mainframe, personal computer, server, Local Area and Wide Area Networks and/or distributed computing systems and infrastructure This position may coordinate some or all of the following activities for Infrastructure Service delivery:
- Liaison between Caterpillar internal teams and vendor purpose of acquiring, renewing and cancelling IT infrastructure contracts and assets
- Assist with regional issues and escalations related to IT assets, procurement, suppliers, and other issues
- Performing data entry for the purpose of IT asset acquisition
- Periodically review standard operating procedures or contractual reporting requirements and provide updates and improvements
- Analyzing and reporting actual infrastructure spend to measure and identify cost variances
- Communicating overall performance and business unit impacts
- Managing a repository of related documentation and metric information
- This role ensures Caterpillar services are achieved and maintain compliance to national and international standards, in addition to internal policies, including those relating to sustainability, security, SOX, and IT Internal Controls
- Significant relevant IT experience
- Basic knowledge of infrastructure nomenclature and finance terminology
- Demonstrated proficiency in detailed work execution tasks including data entry
- Demonstrated communication capabilities: ability to provide good written and oral communications with
- conclusions and recommendations among team and managers
- Demonstrated proficiency in conducting ad hoc and structured analysis to support decision making
- Demonstrated project management experience - leading a cross-functional team to accomplish a common
- goal, using project management methodology and tools.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline business, computer science, or information services
- Service level management experience in large enterprise services team
- PMI certification, 6 Sigma Black Belt, Green Belt, or IT Service Management coordination roles
- Purchasing Systems: Basic capability to perform functions in purchasing applications such as eClips, MySupplyCabinet, JDEdwards, or SAP.
- Productivity Systems: Basic capability using Tableau, Microsoft Sharepoint, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive hourly rate and the chance to work for one of the worlds leading companies.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.