IT Analyst - WLAN
Location: Belfast, Co Antrim. N Ireland
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been retained to recruit an IT Analyst for the world's largest construction equipment manufacturer based in Belfast.
The company has a very successful local history and partners with many global organisations and is a mainstay of the American Fortune 100 companies list.
This position, based in Belfast, is for a WLAN IT Analyst III design/implementation and support engineer. Primarily providing remote network support services to internal facilities in Europe, Asia and the Middle East (EAME) and globally when required.
The job will involve developing Wireless Local Area Network designs, building the configurations following Caterpillar standards and then deploying those designs.
Providing ad-hoc Level 3 remote support for network related incidents as and when required. Some travel will be expected as part of the role including implementations in other countries within the region, relevant expenses will be covered as required. There is an expectation that some out-of-hours work will be required so flexibility will be expected, joining the on-call rotation for 1 week every 2 months.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent as well as significant experience of Cisco network technologies.
- Cisco CCNA qualification
- The successful candidate will also have very strong LAN skills and will need to be able to work independently and as part of a regional or global team, on assigned projects ensuring that company standards are adhered to and must show strong collaboration skills with remote team members based around the globe.
- The successful candidate will also have some knowledge of project management methodologies and be able to manage small network related projects as well as actively participate as a member of larger project teams.
In addition to the general outline above demonstrable skills in the following areas will be needed. Cisco familiarity including:-
- IOS upgrade,
- WLC controller configuration
- Cisco Router and Switch configuration
- Familiarity with firewall designs
- Understanding of related technologies (DNS, DHCP etc.)
- Fault finding skills
- Good documentation skills
- Basic Knowledge of a Ticketing software (Remedy/Peregrine).
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Putty, and other Network tools
- CISCO qualification above CCNA will be a significant plus
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive hourly rate and the chance to work for one of the worlds leading companies.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.