Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit an IT Analyst/Developer for a leading manufacturing company based in Ballymena, County Antrim, Northern Ireland.
As the IT Analyst, you will provide analyst services within the core IT team in line with group Strategy.
- To provide first line support to a wide range of applications across the group, including deployment, support, and maintenance where required
- Liaise with and manage support from external 3rd party suppliers and contractors
- Prioritisation of numerous Incidents of varying severity and effectively managing the resolution of all 3rd party supplied and in-house developed applications
- Meeting users throughout the Group to evaluate current business processes, gather requirements, uncover areas for improvement and develop and implement solutions
- Assist users with the preparation of documentation and business requirements for Change Requests
- Implementation of IT projects ranging from small 'in-house' systems to outsourced solutions, providing system knowledge and process understanding
- Assist in testing new applications and application updates
- Promote an environment of continuous improvement
- Training both colleagues and end users in new or updated systems
- Providing or updating documentation
You Must Have:
- Third Level qualification in Computer Science, Information Technology or related subject or extensive relevant experience
- Experience in business process mapping, analysis, improvement, and development
- Knowledge of SQL and/or Oracle databases
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft.NET
- A systematic and analytical approach to problem-solving
- Able to deal with multi-disciplinary departments and users of all levels of ability
- An interest in software/app development and the ability to troubleshoot incidents and provide feedback to customers
Would Be Nice If You Had:
- Business Process Analysis or related qualification
- Familiarity with development and have the ability to read and decipher code - further training in this area will be provided
- Excellent communication and people skills
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Jonathan McConnell at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
Call me, Jonathan McConnell, directly on 07384 513 095
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.