IT Business Analyst/Software Developer
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a IT Business Analyst/Software Developer for a leading manufacturing company based in County Antrim.
Over the years they have earned a reputation for innovative designs, a large and innovative product portfolio and investment in advanced engineering. They continue to invest in innovation and people, with a determination to become global leaders.
They have achieved significant success both domestically and internationally on various product platforms in Dublin, Singapore, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
As the IT Business Analyst/Software Developer you will provide analyst and software development services within the IT team.
- To provide first line support to a wide range of applications across the group, including deployment, support, and maintenance where required
- Liaise with and manage support from external 3rd party suppliers and contractors
- Prioritisation of numerous Incidents of varying severity and effectively managing the resolution of all 3rd party supplied and in-house developed applications
- Meeting users throughout the Group to evaluate current business processes, gather requirements, uncover areas for improvement and develop and implement solutions
- Assist users with the preparation of documentation and business requirements for Change Requests
- Implementation of IT projects ranging from small 'in-house' systems to outsourced solutions, providing system knowledge and process understanding.
- Assist in testing new applications and application updates
- Promote an environment of continuous improvement
- Training both colleagues and end users in new or updated systems
- Providing or updating documentation
- Third Level qualification in Computer Science, Information Technology or related subject or extensive relevant experience
- 3+ year's experience in a professional IT environment
- Experience in business process mapping, analysis, improvement, and development
- Good knowledge of SQL and/or Oracle databases
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft.NET
- Experience developing web and/or application based business
- A systematic and analytical approach to problem-solving
- Able to deal with multi-disciplinary departments and users of all levels of ability
- Business Process Analysis or related qualification
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing facility
- Experience with Crystal Reports
- Experience of Qlikview
- Familiar with ERP systems
- Experience using Engineering Change Systems and Methodologies
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive starting salary that is negotiable based on experience.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.
Tags: IT Analyst, IT Support, IT