IT Buyer - Caterpillar
Grafton Procurement and Supply, Belfast, have been retained to recruit for a temporary Buyer to be based at Caterpillar's Springvale or Larne site. The IT Buyer will ensure the efficient and effective delivery of internal or contracted infrastructure services. Customers may include internal Caterpillar organisations (service centres and/or worldwide business units), suppliers, dealers or other Information Technology teams or business partners.
Duties and Responsibilities may include:
- New program deployment and/or maintenance of existing mainframe, personal computer, server, Local Area and Wide Area Networks and/or distributed computing systems and infrastructure
- Liaison between Caterpillar internal teams and vendor purpose of acquiring, renewing and cancelling IT infrastructure contracts and assets.
- Assist with regional issues and escalations related to IT assets, procurement, suppliers, and other issues
- Performing data entry for the purpose of IT asset acquisition
- Periodically review standard operating procedures or contractual reporting requirements and provide updates and improvements
- Analysing and reporting actual infrastructure spend to measure and identify cost variances
- Communicating overall performance and business unit impacts
- Managing a repository of related documentation and metric information
- This role ensures Caterpillar services are achieved and maintain compliance to national and international standards, in addition to internal policies, including those relating to sustainability, security, SOX, and IT Internal Controls.
The successful applicant will be responsible for management of the life cycle of hardware, including the purchasing and supply of equipment for a number of sites throughout the EAME region. This will involve maintaining relationships with both suppliers and customers and operating within service level agreements.
In order to be successful, you should have previous experience purchasing IT equipment for a business, or experience working in a similar purchasing environment. Basic knowledge of IT Infrastructure and finance terminology and experience of reporting infrastructure spend is essential. In addition, you should have strong communication skills and your experience should include:
- Monitoring and ensuring customer quality
- Writing reports for management
- Demonstrated proficiency in conducting ad-hoc and structured analysis to support decision making
- Cross functional project management experience using project management methodology and tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Significant relevant IT experience which will ideally include experience with Local Area and Wide Area Networks
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline business, computer science, or information services
- Service level management experience in large enterprise services team
- PMI certification, 6 Sigma Black Belt, Green Belt, or IT Service Management coordination roles
- Purchasing Systems: Basic capability to perform functions in purchasing applications such as eClips, MySupplyCabinet, JDEdwards, or SAP.
- Productivity Systems: Basic capability using Tableau, Microsoft Sharepoint, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Vision
Interested candidates are meeting the criteria should forward an updated CV without delay via this advertisement. If you would like to discuss this IT Buyer job in more detail please contact me, Kelly Jennings, Specialist Procurement and Supply Chain recruiter at Grafton. Your CV should clearly demonstrate your most relevant experience as per the criteria above.
If this IT Buyer role is not quite what you are looking for, but you are interested in other procurement or supply chain roles I would be delighted to hear from you - I am registering new jobs every day.
Only candidates whose CV is meeting the minimum criteria on this advert will be accepted.