Interested in working for a Global company will offices based across all corners of the globe? Our client, a Global pharmaceutical company based in Larne, Co Antrim are currently recruiting for an IT Desktop Support on a permanent contract.
Role: IT Desktop Support
Permanent contract with immediate start
Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm (basic hours, can vary if problems with IT systems)
Duties will include:
- Responsibility for providing tier 1 technical support and service restoration, receiving and opening trouble-tickets, communicating with and helping ITS customers to resolve IT-related issues/problems and requests providing good service quality
- Maintaining the IT Inventory and conducting asset management
- Back-up management, including job-management
- Installing, configuring and supporting Windows/Intel Workstations, and laptops, as well as mobile devices
- Developing and maintaining IT-related documentation.
- LAN/WAN patch cord moves/additions as and when required
- Maintaining and operating internal 'Help Desk' system
- Possess at minimum, an HNC or equivalent in an IT-related subject
- Have a minimum of 18 months experience in applying own hardware and software diagnostic/troubleshooting skills within a networked PC environment
- Have a competent working knowledge of Intel-based PCs
- Have a competent working knowledge of the Windows Operating System with a familiarity with some or all of the following technologies: Windows 10; Microsoft Office 365; Browsers; Local Account Management; Scripting; Installs and removals; Registry; Command Line; and System Management Tools.
- Have a competent working knowledge of PC installations and repair of same
- Be able to work with minimum supervision and on own initiative
- Be able to prioritise tasks
- Be able to work additional hours as and when required
- A competent knowledge of MS Access
- Experience of presenting technical training within a classroom environment
- Ability to write technical solutions and Standard Operating Procedures for publication and use by peer IT Technicians and end-users
- Experience gained within a Manufacturing Environment
- ITIL ® Version 3 Service Management Foundation certification
If interested in this role, please attach your CV to the job advert and a member of the Grafton team will be in contact. Alternatively you can send your CV direct to email@example.com.