IT Field Engineer
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit an IT Field Engineer for a leading and growing IT Managed Service Provider, based in Belfast
My Client are an independent privately-owned company, delivering fast, reliable, proactive and preventative support 24/7/365. They provide IT Support, Managed Services, IT Hardware, Cyber Security, IT Consultancy, Disaster Recovery and MS Office 365, focusing primarily on the SME Sector and Corporate Companies.
As part of the role, engineers will be required to provide 24/7 breakdown cover and 1 in 4 weekend rota basis. The successful candidate will be expected to respond to breakdown calls and to complete planned works including a range of installation and maintenance tasks.
- Respond to breakdown calls &/or complete planned works as directed by the Call Desk day to day
- Provide 24 x 7 breakdown cover 'oncall' if required on a 1 in 4 rota basis
- Accurately record and report all activities using the relative documents provided by the customers and the company
- Effectively respond to customer escalations with urgency to resolve their problems
- Conduct site surveys prior to solution deployment, as scheduled & tasked
- Complete IT/software installation activities as scheduled & tasked
- Complete a range of documentation in support of your role, e.g. field service reports,site survey risk assessments & method statements, Return Materials Authorisation,customer acceptance & handover documentation and complete monthly expenses.
- Comply with company policies and procedures
- Microsoft / Cisco or equivalent certification or willing to undertake certification
- Desktop and network installation background
- Hold a full clean UK driving license and access to a car
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Takes great pride and care in providing an exceptional service to customers
- A positive "can do" attitude is essential
- Demonstrate a good customer relationship
- Demonstrate a good level of customer focus balanced with wider business awareness
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an enquiring mind
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner at all times
- Excellent time management skills
- Hands on experience with Windows Technologies including server knowledge
- Excellent support and maintenance experience
- Good knowledge of computer hardware and set-up
- Experience with Desktops / Storage / Network Support / Installation / Break/Fix Printer experience
You will receive a fantastic package, including 28 days of annual leave, Pension Scheme, Full training, use of company vehicle and company laptop and mobile phone provided.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Steven Cinnamond at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland