Role: IT Infrastructure Specialist
Location: Letterkenny, Co.Donegal
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been retained to recruit an Associate IT Infrastructure Specialist.
Ideal candidate(s) will have a solid understanding of Distributed Computing and Incident Management with knowledge of multiple vendor technologies and platforms including Microsoft Windows, VMware, HP and IBM. A strong background in IT support experience & excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) is required.
- A recognised third level IT qualification and experience in working in a technical environment with strong troubleshooting knowledge
- Previous Incident Management experience
- Previous Computer Network knowledge i.e Cloud technologies AWS/Azure/Google, CCNA advantageous
- Cisco Interconnecting Networking Devices
- ITIL certifications.
Technical Skills Required
- Technical support experience.
- Can analyse data and problems.
- Understand process and standards.
- Strong problem management skills in a technical support environment.
- Proficiency in Virtualised Servers running under VMware's ESXi virtualisation technologies. Virtual Center & View Console, DNS, TCP/IP, IBM Tivoli Business Systems Manager / Netcool Tivoli, F5 Global Traffic Manager, Netbackup, Business Availability Center.
- Build, install, configure, upgrade & maintain Wintel Operating System images, and related infrastructure
- Apply and update OS Security patches, system upgrades, firmware and infrastructure application changes
- Experience with Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows Server 2008, 2012 & 2016) Active Directory, NTFS permissions, WINS, DNS, OS security, and systems patching.
- Knowledge of Network and Storage technologies (LAN, WAN, SAN, Switches, Fiber Channel)
- Development / coding skills a big advantage as the team continues to evolve, moving towards automation of existing legacy systems. i.e languages such as: Powershell, Java script, Linux admin and bash scripting.
Soft Skills Required
- At least 1 to 2 years' experience working in an IT/Incident management support related role.
- Excellent organisational skills with effective follow up and follow through.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, ability to follow instructions and positive attitude.
- Must have ability to multitask and manage priorities with little supervision.
- Must be a proactive, self-driven individual with technical ability and initiative who can deliver with minimal supervision.
- Must have consistent problem-solving ability with acute attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Can work under pressure and to tight deadlines, while demonstrating flexibility to deliver urgent requests when necessary.
- Can demonstrate strong performance ethos and personal commitment for outstanding customer service.
- Demonstrated leadership and team management abilities with ability to develop people and processes.
- Must be able to remain focused and deliverable-oriented while working independently.
- Able to demonstrate initiative, creativity and analysis skills.
- Ability to identify and provide training for the team on a gap analysis basis.
- Ability to lead, coordinate and manage projects.
- Suggest and implement Process Improvements and Innovations.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with the opportunity to grow and develop professionally within the company.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.