Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit an IT Manager for a leading engineering group based in Derry/Londonderry.
As the IT Manager, you will manage a small team of support staff while being able to remain hands on themselves. This role would suit someone with exposure to infrastructure, system administration, and desktop support. You'll enjoy the support from the hiring manager, yet the autonomy to run your team and the site as required. The role holder will demonstrate managerial and leadership skills and facilitate effective communication with colleagues. The position requires a strategic approach to the development of services and structures, embracing continuous quality improvement and the management of changes necessary to achieve organisational objectives.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Provide stable and secure infrastructure - both on-premises and in cloud
- Manage and develop Service Desk
- Manage and develop infrastructure and operations team
- Develop and implement systems architecture
- Manage delivery of infrastructure and operations projects
- Lead and deliver problem resolution
- Develop, implement, test and maintain effective IT disaster recovery plan
- Support business and IT applications team in delivering administrative information systems
- Manage relevant third‐party support companies
- Negotiate Service Level Agreements ('SLA') with relevant stakeholders and deliver against the agreed SLAs
- Manage servers, SANs, firewalls, backups, routers, printers, desktop delivery, virtual environment
- Perform capacity planning
- Monitor/ measure network and core infrastructure performance - plan for expansion, redundancy and threat avoidance/ management
- Manage and deliver out of hours infrastructure support
- Develop and maintain relevant systems documentation
- Develop, document and maintain relevant Standard Operating Procedures ('SOPs'), policies and/or procedures ‐ in respect of infrastructure, DRP, and security
- Manage and support mobile computing solutions
- Manage and support telecoms solutions
- Manage platforms for phones, unified messaging, conference calling, call centres, call recording
- Troubleshoot and resolve network and telecoms problems
- Continue professional and educational advancement by attending and actively participating in appropriate training sessions
- Be fully conversant with relevant legislation and regulations
- Initiate cost savings and operational improvement by optimising the use of installed systems.
- 3‐7 years developing and supporting IT infrastructure
- Minimum 3 years' experience with virtual server environments, Active Directory and MS Exchange
- Strategic thinking and commercial awareness - purchasing and supplier management
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven team leader
- Self‐motivating with a strong drive
You will receive a fantastic package and the opportunity to work for an elite global engineering group.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Jonathan McConnell at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
Email email@example.com or call 07384 513 095 for a confidential chat.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland