Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, clerical and Support Services.
Band 5 Operations Support in IT required on a temporary basis based in BSO, city centre
Hours: 37.5 hrs per week
Duration:6 mths approx
Job Summary / Main Purpose
This post will involve working in one or many specialist areas of ICT including but not limited to: technical support for infrastructure, applications support, service desk, software development, web design, communications & network support, desktop support, systems integration and data warehousing. Technicians may also be part of short or long term project teams either directly delivering services or working with commercial providers to implement projects.
KEY RESULTS AREAS -
- Deliver IT systems and services to support HSC business objectives.
- Management of datacentres, security, networks and client access services.
- Technical support services for infrastructure (such as SANS, virtualised servers, operating systems, storage, middleware products etc.).
- Network services such TCP/IP network equipment and software, email, directories, firewalls, DNS, etc.
- Configuration and support of databases.
- Record, analyse and resolve complex incidents and problems.
- Monitor and maintain performance of ICT services ensuring adequate capacity and availability of services taking both proactive and reactive action when required.
- Assist with security audits and investigation of security breaches and incidents.
- Assist in the development, implementation and testing of robust backup and business continuity procedures for services.
- Assist in the design, implementation, development and support of complex ICT solutions.
Financial and Resource Management
- Assist the Service Manager with the planning of delegated budgets, deployment of financial resources and personnel in a timely manner to meet planned milestones and timetables.
- Support the approval processes for ICT expenditure, including input to business case development, gateway reviews and project evaluations.
- Support the monitoring and review of support contracts and service level agreements for ICT solutions and services.
- Communicate with colleagues, customers suppliers/vendors as required, ensuring good relationships are maintained at all times.
Development and Innovation
- Engage in personal and professional development to maintain a high level of relevant knowledge and skills.
- Development of knowledge of the relevant business areas associated with the ICT service or Project.
- Maximise the use of ICT Services ensuring best value for money and most efficient use of resources.
People Management and Development
- information on the HR, Pay, Travel and Subsistence system (HRPTS).
- Participate in team meetings and contribute to service improvement related to your service area.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review individually, at least annually, the performance of immediately subordinate staff, provides guidance on personal development requirements and advises on and initiates, where appropriate, further training.
- Maintain staff relationships and morale amongst the staff reporting to him/her.
- Review the organisation plan and establishment level of the service for which he/she is responsible to ensure that each is consistent with achieving objectives, and recommend change where appropriate.
- Delegate appropriate responsibility and authority to the level of staff within his/her control consistent with effective decision making, while retaining overall responsibility and accountability for results.
- Participate, as required, in the selection and appointment of staff reporting to him/her in accordance with procedures laid down by the Trust.
- Take such action as may be necessary in disciplinary matters in accordance with procedures laid down by the Organisation.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Fri 14th March
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.