Role: IT Systems Administrator
Salary: £24,000 - £30,000
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been retained to recruit am IT Systems Administrator.
You will be responsible for the management and administration of the existing systems and infrastructure and will also play a key role in the implementation of new systems for the company.
- Proactively monitor and support all key company IT assets including (but not limited to) PC's and Laptops, corporate mobile phones, Windows infrastructure and Cisco networking devices and IP telephony.
- Respond to servicedesk tickets raised by the business, and deliver timely, accurate, resolutions to incidents and problems by working closely with our main IT managed service providers.
- Continually develop, monitor and manage IT security resources. Monitor alerts (and respond in a timely fashion), work with our providers to ensure security best practice is utilised, educate the wider business on IT security to ensure risk reduction in this area.
- Work closely with business users to ensure that IT is utilised in an effective way across the organisation.
- Play a full part in new IT projects - input fully into project plans, carry out assigned tasks ensuring a high quality delivery, ensure end products are fit for business use by rigorous testing.
- Contribute to the disaster recovery and business continuity processes within the company. Provide input to the documentation, take part in DR exercises, and remediate issues arising from the same.
- Proactively identify any servicedesk jobs exceeding standard timescales and investigate for possible resolution
- Demonstrate 1st class customer service and deliver brand values.
- Any other duties as directed by the IT and Business Improvement manager.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- HNC (or equivalent NVQ's) in an IT related discipline.
- Previous experience working in IT service management environment in a busy IT department.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows technology (8.1 and 10) and relevant, recent, commercial experience supporting these types of environments.
- Good knowledge of IT network principles and architecture & IP telephony, together with hands-on experience of having supported these types of environments.
- Strong knowledge of IT security principles and products and relevant practical experience using them to protect IT systems.
- Previous experience supporting corporate mobile devices - phones, tablet devices etc.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in dealing with internal and external relationships.
- Good attention to detail coupled with the determination needed to solve complex IT problems to the satisfaction of the business.
- Proven ability to organise tasks, work with schedules and manage workload whilst remaining focused on team goals.
- Experience tracking activities against SLA's and resolving issues within agreed timelines.
- Ability to work with people at all levels within the organisation.
- ITIL certification.
- A recognised IT security qualification/accreditation.
- Experience gained in a commercial environment generating reports using a recognised commercially available report writing application.
- Experience gained in a commercial environment developing, maintaining or supporting websites and web hosting platforms.
- Good knowledge of Android operating system.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with the opportunity to grow and develop professionally within the company.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.