Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit an IT Technician based in Belfast.
The organisation is now one of Northern Ireland's largest employers with approximately 4,000 employees.
You will provide technical support on current PC applications to all desktop computer users and as a member of a small integrated team, provide support and cover for the Help Desk and computer operations activities as necessary. You will install, maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade computer hardware, software, mobile devices, and peripheral equipment across my clients IT network.
The following reflects typical duties and is not intended to be a comprehensive description of all tasks.
- Install and support IT Systems to include: Corporate systems, telecommunications networks (data and voice), hardware (pc's, laptops and other peripheral devices), Microsoft Office applications for desktop users.
- Receive and log calls on behalf of customers using our IT Service Management tools ensuring accurate data entry.
- Compile initial diagnosis of incidents and either resolve using agreed local procedures and documented processes or escalate to the next level of support using established processes.
- Fulfil standard requests using predetermined processes and local procedures or escalate to the next level of support using agreed processes.
- Provide technical support for the IT Strategy
- Provide technical support for other IT related equipment e.g. Wayfarer, CCTV
- Adhere to procedures for security control of corporate assets e.g. computer hardware register, anti-virus policies
- Provide basic level of training as necessary for all corporate applications
- Any other duties as appropriate to include support and cover during absence of other members of IS staff.
- Clear concise diction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload.
- Experience of using computer hardware and operating systems.
- Experience of working with corporate networks (LAN/WAN).
- A minimum of NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in an Information Technology or business related subject.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office products.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Able to satisfy such medical standards as may apply to the post.
- Flexible approach to work and working hours with ability to work extra hours when required in order to meet the demands of the job.
- Current driving licence with access to a vehicle or access to transport which will enable the requirements of the post to be met in full.
- ITIL Foundation certificate
- An understanding of Translink's main business operations and practices.
- Good organisational and prioritising skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
You will receive a fantastic package, the opportunity to work for a key player in the industry and the opportunity to develop your career in a supportive environment.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to email@example.com at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland